HDMI Audio?

• I have installed LE on a HP DC7600 which has a Radeon 5450 graphics card fitted. The PC is connected to the TV via the HDMI output. Video output is fine, however the audio only comes from the PC speaker and not through the TV. The audio settings are set to default. I have tried various different settings to no avail.

So my questions are:

1. Is this graphics card supported for audio output?

2. Do I need to reboot after changing settings?

• Hi, Sorry I didn't clarify. When I set "audio output device" to "ALSA: HDA ATI, @@@", there is no sound at all. If I then scroll down and enable pass through, "passthrough output device" remains greyed out, but IS set as "ALSA: HDA ATI, @@@". I have also tried all 3 options of "output configuration", but again there is no sound unless I reset to default settings (i.e. use the PC speaker).

• YDQZ

Possibly related is that I'm getting occasional lockups on this PC and have to power off to get out of it. I believe there may be some hardware issues but I haven't traced the source yet.
    MWbZ

Edited once, last by birchy (July 30, 2016 at 10:36 AM).

• Hardware issue is now solved - the radeon 5450 was overheating as it is in an SFF case and there's no cooling fan on the heatsink. I've fitted an 80mm fan that blows over the gpu heatsink and haven't had any trouble since.

So that brings me back to my original problem - there is no audio through the hdmi output. The log files are attached in my previous posts.

If the drivers are loading ok, coulld it be an issue with the hdmi lead and/or the TV setup?

• Have you tried a different HDMI Cable? Sounds silly but sometimes....

Good luck!

I hadn't as I was using a brand new hdmi lead I bought a few years ago. Purchased a new hdmi lead and now I have audio. I'm guessing the old lead didn't support audio or was faulty. Funny how we sometimes overlook the obvious....
    :rolleyes: