RPi Zero W connect to wifi at first boot - file?

• Hey guys... So, im trying to get my RPi Zero to connect to my wifi at first boot (after initial boot to resize)... but am apparently coming up short on how to do this (and enable SSH)... LibreElec does not seem to have the carry over of other RPi OS build to allow the use of conf files to push to /etc/ for binding to wifi... or, im doing something wrong...

So, I've placed 2 files on the root of the SD card (a file called "ssh" and a file called "wpa_supplicant.conf"
    The ssh file is blank and causes openelec to hang on the first boot after resizing...

The wpa_supplicant.conf file has:

Code
    network={
    ssid="The Name of my network"
    psk="MySuperSecretPassword"
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    }

The wpa_supplicant.conf file does not seem to get its details pushed to /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf as I thought it should... But it DOES boot to Kodi...

Am I missing something, or does this not work in LibreElec as I assumed it should?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, just an FYI... im trying to set this up without adding keyboard or mouse as I don't readily have available the hub to allow me to attach full sized USB items to the Zero :) and this is an attempt to just have a small Kodi box run so it can update my SQL server for the other machines in my house (the others go to sleep so makes it inconsistent to update when new media is presented to the system...