No DVB-T2 support with mygica t230

• Hi!

I own 2 dvb tuners. the Astrometa DVB-T2 old one and a new Geniatech Mygica T230.

I am pretty sure that it's T230 because I tried not avoid the T230C model. The item description on Aliexpress says loud and clear "NOT T230C".

Anyway, I plugged it to my raspberry pi 3 with the latest LE image and I only get the tuners: DVB-T,DVB-C,ATSC-C.

All of them are listed as Silicon Labs Si2168.

No DVB-T2. I really want to watch tv in HD so I bought the mygica model especially for that but I can't figure out what's wrong.

I tried removing TVH entirely and start configuring from scratch. didn't work.

I tried to install the image that includes other dvb-drivers but there was no change, but I just installed it I don't know if I need to do anything else after the image installation.

Any Ideas?

• It's correct that your tuners are being identified as DVB-T capable. The decoding of DVB-T2 is just a matter of setting up the muxes in the right way. For Germany it's like this: Howto: Setup german DVB-T2 "beta" channels - Tvheadend

Keep in mind that in Germany DVB-T2 is being encoded using HEVC and to decode that you basically need capable hardware that does hardware based HEVC decoding. A Raspi is not powerful enough to decode HEVC streams.

In other countries probably other codecs are being used and a Raspi maybe sufficient.

• ok so I scanned for channels but I only found SDTV channels. See in picture.

I live in Israel by the way and I know there supposed to be at least 2 hd channels.

Thank for your help.

• oh my god I am so sorry.

The support for HD channels was stopped in israelfor some reason. I wasnt aware of that.

My bad.

Thank you so much for your help I hope it will get fixed soon.

• Hi guys,

Any tips on how to make the mygica t230 work on raspberry pi 3? For some reason, I can't scan for channels. Get scan failed every time. Using latest LibreElec. I can see the tuner in tvh listed as Silicon Labs Si2168.

• I've tried all of them - none work.

I have another dongle (PCTV) that works fine - so this is probably not a configuration issue.

The MyGica T230 dongle was tested on windows machine and works prefect.

Anything else that I can do?