Handling 2 specific resolutions for Beamer and TV

• Hi,

I'm using an intel NUC6CAYS connected to a Pioneer AV-Receiver which has 2 HDMI-Out (in fact a HDMI-Splitter). One is connected to a 4K TV, the other to a FullHD beamer.

The result is, that actually LibreElec boots always with 4K resolution. This is fine for using the TV but when I want to use the Beamer, I always have to switch to 1080p-Resolution as otherwise I do not get an image.

Also I cannot boot directly with the Beamer enabled as I first have to boot to the TV to select then the other resolution.

A workaround could be to select 1080p with xrandr in the autostart. However, then I would not use the 4K resolution on the TV any more, repective then I would always have to switch the resolution in LibreElec.

Does a simple possibility exists to switch between 2 favorite resolutions (4K and 1080p)? Best would be with e.g. a shortcut which I could trigger with my Harmony?

I could imagine that I'm not the only one having 2 displays with different resolutions connected with a HDMI-Splitter to KODI, so perhaps someone knows already a good solution?

• You have found out that you cannot use 2 different screen resolutions from 1 video output. Kodi itself only supports cloned displays anyway, so two different video outputs on your NUC would not have worked anyway.

Doing xrandr commands in your own bash files is an option. The bigger challenge is to link them to a keyboard shortcut or remote control button. And that's where my skills end, I'm afraid.

• Thanks for your answer.

To be precise: it is not desired to use TV and Beamer at the same time as the Beamer screen is hiding the TV when activated.

xrandr commands in bash files sounds good, however I would like to be able to call these from the main KODI menu (respective skin).

And as you said, I'm still searching for a possibility to call these from keyboard shortcut or remote control button.