Can't get LibreELEC to boot on MINIX NEO U9-H (total tech noob)

• I started on this thread from Kodi (Zotac ID82 dead...need assistance in replacement equal or better...) about replacement box and decided on MINIX NEO U9-H. I am not sure where on this forum this should be posted and totally confused on what microchips are inside this box. I have been reading and trying to understand but I am lost on what next steps...

Here is the same post on kodi forum:

Ok...I went with option #2 Minix Neo U9-H.

Started it up no problems and figured out the baby USB tucked inside remote where batteries go was for remote to work. Picked a USB port on Minix box and remote works fine.

Kodi appears to be built in the "apps" section of Minix Neo U9-H. There must be a good reason to 1) install/boot from another OS (libreELEC) and 2) Then put Kodi on LibreElec OS side? I am still confused if when getting LibreElec to work are we wiping the box clean and having LibreElec OS the one and only OS on this Minix box or is it dual boot or....whatHuh

I followed directions of setting up USB stick using the "USB-SD Creator". I wasn't sure but there were only 7 options for LibreELEC version and I picked "Generic x86_64". I didn't get any "write errors" for the USB stick so then plugged it into Minix and still boots to android OS. I have tried all 3 USB ports thinking maybe 1 of them would be "boot" but no luck? I couldn't find any way in Android OS or all the apps to change any boot setting of any kind. All I did is look and not change anything since it is first time I have ever used android OS.

It boots to Android OS in 29 seconds and has no fan but other than that I am stuck. I am sure I have missed some obscure step that is obvious to smart tech people but for me is mind boggling.

So Step 1...how do I get it to boot from USB stick (provided I created it correctly)?

Step 2, can I have it boot directly to LibreElec (and how to do that?)

Step 3 wrxtasy said "...Once that is up and running you can wipe internal storage and transfer to internal eMMC flash/SSD storage and then have device running and booting straight into LibreELEC Kodi"...

Wipe internal storage of what?

I looked up what eMMC flash and SSD are and have a slightly better understanding but not much better. First what is in the MINIX box and how would I even open it to put in either eMMC or SSD? Second how would I know what to buy and how to install inside the MINIX box? If I need to buy something that is fine I will certainly need links of what make/model since I would more than likely choose the wrong one.

I am sure I will have more questions and I appreciate the patience everyone has given this noob!

Thank you