Support for music bit depth & rate display

• I am currently using a Raspberry Pi 2 with a HiFiBerry DAC PRO+ to play music. One of the features from Openelec that I miss, is the ability to display music bit depth (16,24,etc.) and bit rate (44.1, 192, etc.) in full screen mode. Using Openelec, this is acomplished by hitting the "o" key, while in full screen mode. I can find no such function in LibreElec.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited once, last by mazeeff (July 21, 2016 at 10:29 PM).

• Official Post

If you're using LE v7.0.x (Jarvis) it should be identical to OE. If you're using LE 8.0 alpha builds (Krypton) Kodi devs removed the overlay screen that shows codec and other bits of info. It wasn't a popular move and should be partially added back before Kryton release.

• If you're using LE v7.0.x (Jarvis) it should be identical to OE. If you're using LE 8.0 alpha builds (Krypton) Kodi devs removed the overlay screen that shows codec and other bits of info. It wasn't a popular move and should be partially added back before Kryton release.

Excellent! I am using LE 8.0 so I'll just wait for the solution. I use the Raspberry/HiFiberry combo to drive a Dynaco VTA-70 tube amp. When I demo my system, everyone wants to see the bit depth and rate!

Mike

• I created an account just to state the very nearly same thing, however wrt video codec bitrate info. However, unlike you I can see NO valid reason for the dumbing down as even the rankest imbecile would be better served seeing bitrate and other info given that an imbecile would have no other recourse unlike me who can jump through hoops, i.e. grab notebook, etc., ssh, poke around, be annoyed by idiots trying to tell me what's best, etc.

[EDIT]
    BTW I'm on the m004u asus chromebox bleeding edge builds and this still has NOT be reenabled... I'm really frightened by that...
    [/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
    At the very least I'd make this config file configureable, or realistically this should be the idiot -> someone with a clue setting like all of the other menu configs... i.e. basic(idiot) -> standard(imbecile) -> etc.
    [/EDIT2]

Edited once, last by cutterjohn (January 30, 2017 at 3:56 AM).

• You could bring it back by simply adding this below in your keymaps XML. This is actually what i have in my gen.xml file to bring the old "codecinfo" back, put which key you want to use where "61525" is.

<keymap><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="61525">playerdebug</key></keyboard></fullscreenvideo></keymap>

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (February 1, 2017 at 3:25 AM).

• Not everyone use a keyboard with LibreELEC, you can map it to a button on the remote, this is why i added the keymap.

I know :cool:
    I mapped it too on my remote (green button) and hardly use a keyboard myself.
    But, as the OP specifically wrote about the "o" key, I figured my post could be useful to him at least.