CSL MiniPC Narrow Box 4k

• Hi,

I searched the forum and found no answer to my strange problem.

I use a CSL MiniPC Narrow Box 4k (Leistungsstarke CSL Narrow Box 4K - CSL-Computer-Shop - Mini PC - CSL Narrow Box 4K / Win 10 (48098) - PC-Online-Shop für günstige PC-Systeme, Notebooks & Computer Zubehör - CSL-Computer-Shop) as a htpc with LibreElec 8.1.2.

It was a strange journey to get this device to boot, cause it has a 32bit UEFI, but I could get it managed and installed.

But now to my strange problem.

The Box is connected with HDMI to my Yamaha Amplifier.

I configured PassThrough AC3/DTS, etc., cause my Amplifier can decode this.

I play a video with AC3 or DTS and all works fine.

I Installed LibreSpot, and it works like a charm.

Now I try to play a MP3 or WAV file and I only get a static noise, after a few seconds of music.

Tested different Audio settings of audiosettings, but nothing helped.

Update:

Got it running..

Audio Configuration has to be Optimized and Video Sync has to be disabled. Weired that this is a must be combination.

Last problem, No DTS HD-MA passthru working.

Any hints to search for?

Best Regards

JochenKauz

Edited once, last by JochenKauz (October 24, 2017 at 11:42 PM).

• HD audio is a known issue with the Intel GPU drivers. There are fixes in circulation but they are only suitable for inclusion on newer kernels so we are not able to patch things in LE 8.2 without causing problems. It will be resolved in LE9.0 (which will use newer kernels). Although the lights don't show on the AVR display (which causes OCD issues for people) multichannel PCM output works fine and 99/100 users are probably unable to tell any difference in audio quality.