Recompiling after source changes

• What's the best way to mark a package for recompilation after an initial 'make'?

I've successfully compiled the source for LE to an image but when I make changes to Kodi's source code inside the build.* directory and run 'make' again it doesn't attempt to recompile the changes. What I found to do was to 'clean' the package, then 'unpack', edit in the source changes and then run 'make' again which will quickly become a PITA.

I'm assuming there's a better way to this but I'm not familiar with the methods.

• You're not supposed to edit the sources in the build directory. You rather should create patch files, look at the differen packages to see how they work. This way the buildsystem detects changes and rebuilds the needed parts by itself.

• Grimson, yes! I can see how that would be the most sensible way make changes. I did have a go at making patch files with diff, but those I made didn't seem to work out and at this stage I don't want to spend too much time finding out why.

vpeter, this solution works and is ideal for cursory experimentation. I want to make lots of small changes in between builds and see how they affect things and this quick and dirty method does that. It may not be the right way for now, but I can get to that once I have a handle on what's going on.

Thanks guys!