Hifiberry DAC+ not showing in list. Hardware working

• Hi,

since a few days I can't select my Hifiberry DAC+ device in LibrELEC on my RPi2.

I'm using the latest Kodi 18-builds from Milhouse.

The soundcard itself is working correctly. I tested it via aplay on the same RPi with this command and it played fine.

Code
    aplay -D sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -vv /storage/pong.wav

It shows in aplay -L and also appears in lsmod

The menu in LibreELEC only shows ALSA device, analogue, HDMI, HDMI + analogue and PULSE (Bluetooth).

I already went back to a build, where it definitively worked before (beginning of september), but it didn't help.

Maybe here somebody can give me a hint.

Thanks very much!

Martin

• Try to find out at which exact build the issue started and report that in the Milhouse thread on the kodi forum.

Other than that: you also seem to have added "dtparam=audio=on" in your confiig.txt so you have both the analog on-board audio of the RPi (bcm2835 ALSA) and the hifiberry card enabled.

Remove the "dtparam=audio=on" line from config.txt, looks like kodi is struggling when there are 2 audio devices installed.

so long,

Hias

• Hi Hias,

thanks for your response. I already went way back with the builds and it still didn't work (with a build, where it worked before).

So I don't think it is a problem with the builds. But I will try to remove the parameter from the config.txt. Thanks for that hint.

Edit: Works now. It was indeed the "dtparam=audio=on" that caused the problem.

Edited once, last by martix90 (October 14, 2017 at 11:01 AM).

• I have a similar problem. The hifiberry is not listed at all in libreelec 8.2.0.1. There was an ALSA device listed but once I remove "dtparam=audio=on" that's gone too. Running aplay -l shows the hifiberry connected with and without "dtparam=audio=on", but when it is enabled the ALSA device is BCM2835 in libreelec even when the default is the hifiberry.

debug log doesn't seem to point out anything obvious but I can post it if anybody can help?