Asus Tinker Board 2GB

• Does anyone know the future of the Asus Tinker Board 2GB?

Ive read that theres a lack of HW acceleration and that Rockchip wont add their code to kenrel above 4.9 or something.. Can someone pin pojnt me?

Ive already found some builds of Libreelec for Asus Tinker Board 2GB, but they are lacky...

Latest image of LibreELEC ive found is this:

LibreELEC-TinkerBoard.arm-8.2-devel-20171004193021-r26173-gd404dbb

• Current RK development has been focussed on getting kernel and ffmpeg things right in preparation for major rearchitecting of Linux graphics in Kodi that will affect a lot more than RK hardware. That work is nearing completion. Once the developers rebase against Kodi Leia you'll start to see things like hardware acceleration drop in. Current builds in circulation are best described as a "technical proof of concept" and since the focus has not really been on Kodi at all, they are not really intended for public consumption.

• Im on the tinker board libreelec train also lol. It seems to be pretty stable but there is no acceleration. It is much smoother and the contrast is better then the pi 3 (I also have pi's). I have tried most of the os builds out there and for kodi the Libreelec one does seem to be the stablest. the Debian Linux has acceleration but not so stable. I was trying to find a way to install vlc player or something that will install the drivers and what not to get acceleration like the Debian builds in libreelec but you cant apt-get in libreelec. was going to mess with the config files and see what can be done that way. maybe manually put the files in and have the config xml execute them so they are running in the background. or mess with kernel and see what I can do. its gotta be possible.