Latest Libreelec for Rockchip RK3229

• Kwiboo

first of all: Thank you for all your hard work in for rk-devices ... and: I really appreciate yours and all others mainlining efforts. Thanks also for pushing the rk322x-bins to your branch ... this will make things easier... Problem in this case: Even if docs saying other things: If there are contents as ddr+miniloader at the first mmc (i.e. emmc), the contents from sd will always be ignored - this seems to be hardcoded in the srom/efuse ... only stuff starting at offset 0x4000 (u-boot, trustos ...) will be taken form sd card in this case ... i found this out in another annoying rk-night (you propably had more ;) trying to get another ddr-bin to work - puhsing it directly to emmc helped ...

I just realized that there is dmc-support in mainline - but only for rk3399: linux/rk3399_dmc.c at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub ... this seems to be a 1:1-copy of kernel/rockchip_dmc.c at develop-4.4 · rockchip-linux/kernel · GitHub ... (only rk3399-part, no dfi) ... why did they do it? (was pushed by rk ;)

• SoC vendors typically only upstream the stuff they need for a project, and the scope is frequently limited to current chips because that's what their projects are using and because it reduces exposure to future maintenance work. Sometimes contributions are structured (and named) with future expansion to other devices in-mind, and sometimes not. In this case .. appears not.

• Kwiboo

this seems to be a 1:1-copy of kernel/rockchip_dmc.c at develop-4.4 · rockchip-linux/kernel · GitHub ... (only rk3399-part, no dfi) ... why did they do it? (was pushed by rk ;)

... was a little fast in judging: DRAM-Configuration is send via ARM-Trustzone-SIP-Call, since it will affect applications running in trustzone too ... this is currently only implemented for rk3399 in opensource version of their ATF arm-trusted-firmware/plat/rockchip at master · ARM-software/arm-trusted-firmware · GitHub