UPNP not working to a Roku from an RPI 1

• Trying to stream from my RPI1 running latest stable LibreELEC to a Roku using the Media App.

Details:

1. Also running Kodi on Manjaro. This server has all videos on a local drive. Roku sees and plays videos fine.

2. Using LibreELEC on RPI1 I connect to server in #1 above to see it's files with SMB. It pulls and collects library. Roku sees library, I can select a video. See all info about movie. Trying to play the movie gives me an invalid file or corrupt file type error even though same movie plays fine using item #1.

3. Do all the same as in item #1 but pull the files from the server using NFS. Same results.

4. However if I copy any one of the files from the server in item #1 to local storage on the SD of the RPI1. The movie plays fine even though it fails in item #1 and item #2.

Note: Any and all files play locally with the RPi 1 connected via HDMI to a TV using any of the above items. It only fails when trying to server videos via UPNP.

What am I missing here?

• Had to give up on LibreElec because it just doesn't work.

I installed the latest Raspbian Stretch Lite. Then installed Kodi out of the repo.

At this point when running Kodi it is visible from UPNP all the time. It responds to all discovery requests. LibreElec would only respond after immediate boot / reboot of the Pi. So whatever is going on with UPNP discovery requests, it is definitely an issue related to LibreElec.

As to seeing remotely mounted FS (NFS or Samba), loaded into the library that problem still exists. But it seems to only exist with Roku.

In Roku I can see the Pi server. I can look at the library. I can see all details of the video but when selecting the video to play I get a corrupt file warning or invalid file, etc. etc.

If I use a different UPNP client say on my Android Tablet I CAN select the video and it starts playing. So this is more of a specific Roku issue.

However, since I used Raspbian, I am now able to use the system to mount the remote NFS to a mount point on the Pi. If I then tell Kodi to use that local file system location to load the library everything works perfectly in all clients including Roku. So while it is Roku specific problem it is related to the NFS and or Samba mounting when done within Kodi and not via the file system.

Now the only issue I have remaining is that Raspbian Stretch seems to have issue mounting remote NFS during boot.