MCE Remote with LibreElec

• I am sure this has been asked but I cannot find a definitive article. I have the IR receiver all setup and its kinda working but not all the MCE buttons on my remote work (back/play/etc). The numbers work, the arrows work, and some others. I am sure I have a faulty lircd.conf (I am trying the mceusb version). Has anyone gotten this to work properly? Any directions on how to go about making it function? I am a bit new to linux so you'll talk over my head quickly if you're not careful :)

Thanks!

• Details about remote configuration are in the wiki: infrared_remotes [LibreELEC]

MCE remotes should work out of the box without any configuration, make sure lirc is disabled in LE settings.

Also make sure you use the latest LE 8.1.x version, there were reports that eventlircd on LE 8.0.x didn't pick up all remote events and thus some keys (eg OK) didn't work.

so long,

Hias

• What kind of IR receiver and remote are you using?

If you use a simple IR receiver connected to a GPIO use the "gpio-ir" overlay instead of lirc-rpi in config.txt - see the wiki page for details.

Also, if you don't use an original Microsoft MCE remote post details about it and your current lircd.conf file.

so long,

Hias