Issue with resuming playback and seeking on wetek play 1

• Hi

I am using a fresh nand flash of libreelec 8.02 on my wetek play 1 and if I play part of a tv show or movie and then exit it, I am not able to resume it again, it just stays at the spinner as if it was seeking to find the file location.

I had to do a fresh flash as seeking forward (right arrow on remote) or backward (left arrow on remote) more than 10 seconds would result on a hang up no matter what I tried. After the flash I can now seek forwards but seeking backwards hangs the playback again.

The only add-on I have installed is Plex from the kodi repo and I am able to seek forward and backward without issue on that and have also tried from a kodi install on my laptop to rule out NAS storage issues (NAS connected via SMB over LAN cable with 2 Gigabit switches between. )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tommycahir

• Backwards seek is/was one of the main unresolved issues for AML users on Krypton and the 3.10 kernel used on WP1 isn't the focus for most of the developers. There are seeking improvements in the Leia codebase but that's still a long way from being stable or something we'll produce alpha releases for, and unfortunately Leia has diverged far enough from Krypton to prevent simple backporting of the changes. TL/DR; it is what it is until Leia comes along.

• Hi Chewitt

Thanks for the response, That explains the backwards seek issue and to be honest I can live with that, The resuming from where you last left off though is the bigger issue and is a big pain for me.

Any thoughts on how to resolve that or the root cause behind that?