DoCooler M9S Pro 2gb/16gb unable to boot libreelec

• I bought this box from Amazon
    Docooler 2gb ram 16gb rom S905

I really want to install libreelec, but im having problem to boot to libreelec.

There is a reset button on back of AV jack
    I tried rufus and the libreelec app to create the USB / SD
    When I press the reset button and plug in the USB or SD it boots to recovery but but not libreelec
    I tried the app on google play reboot libreelec but it boots direcly to android
    I tried with libreelec 7 and 8 with USB abd SD with this tree gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb

Thanks in advance

Edited once, last by xarekusu (March 9, 2017 at 4:36 PM).

• Hi, did you rename the tree "gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb" to "dtb.img" and overwrite the same file from sd card?
    Did you tried another usb flash/sd card?

If you did that already try instead this tree wifi tree.
    Just try and see if its working.

• If your never saw the libreelec logo, your box's bootloader has most likely not yet been configured to boot from USB/sdcard.

Please re-create the card with rufus and copy the device tree. Remember to delete the old device tree file and rename the new device tree file to "dtb.img"

As your reset switch only starts the recovery, use one of the alternative methods from this post: thread-5556.html. Your box is most likely rooted, so I recommend typing "reboot update" in a terminal emulator with the sd card inserted first.

To boot the system for the first time you have to use one from the following - sometimes only one way of doing this works!

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    • menu button method (works with very few devices): disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push menu button on your remote control and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    • recovery method: boot into Android, insert card/thumb drive and choose Reboot to recovery. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.
    • recovery method (2nd variant): if you have "Update" app pre-installed open it, insert SD card with LE/connect USB drive, and choose any ZIP file in the app for update. Your box should reboot to LE.
    • recovery method (3rd variant): if your box is rooted, use terminal emulator app and execute
      Code
      reboot update

command

• recovery method (4th variant): enable ADB (Google it) and issue
      Code
      adb reboot update

command

• I recreated the SD with rufus deleted old dtb.img and copied the new one
    used terminal reboot update and doesnt work it boots directly into android. :(

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 10, 2017 at 10:13 PM).