Audio Stuttering over HDMI on Krypton Builds

• Hi.
    I have strange audio stuttering over HDMI on my device (x86 Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1037U) approximately every 5-20 seconds randomly
    It is present on any sources (iptv, online radio, avi,mkv video files from local storage, etc) and any sound settings (2.0-5.1, passthrough and not)
    On TV, stuter hardly heard, but on receiver sound interrupted for half a second
    I changed hdmi cable and hdmi connector on TV, trying enable buffering in advancedsetting.xml. Did not help.
    On openelec 6.x all ok. Оn 7.0.0 - 7.90.006 audio stutter
    On analog audio output (3.5 jack) everything is fine too on all version.

Edited once, last by Buzzzzer (September 27, 2016 at 6:47 AM).

• Got a C1037UN-EU box here. I'll try to run LE 005 and see if it has the same issue. You sure you have your video settings correct? Meaning the TV is auto-set for the correct video rate, and that audio is synced correctly?
    [hr]
    Well, I hate to disappoint you, but every testvideo I threw at my C1037 machine, it played it flawlessly, upto 4K 60fps h264. HEVC is only okay for most 720p rips on this box, but everything h264, mp2-4, interlaced/progressive... It plays it all and withouth stuttering in video or audio.

Try setting this right first WITHOUT the AV receiver. Connect your C1037 directly to your TV and see if you can get a clean, good working setup.

• You sure you have your video settings correct? Meaning the TV is auto-set for the correct video rate, and that audio is synced correctly?

TV Phillips 55PFS8159/60. FHD,3D, 60hz support.
    On Kodi settings. 1920x1080p. Trying 50,59.94,60 Hz framerate. Still audio stuttering.
    And on Ubuntu with kodi 15.0 or openelec 6.0 work fine on that box. Problem with libreelec 7.0 and above.

Try setting this right first WITHOUT the AV receiver. Connect your C1037 directly to your TV and see if you can get a clean, good working setup.

С1037 is already connected to the TV over hdmi. (Box>hdmi>TV>optical spdif > receiver)
    Libreelec newly installed.
    I suspect that it all started when there was ALSA. With PULSEAUDIO on older version all be fine

I forgot to say:
    Box has second NVidia GPU. Disabled by a /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules
    Here my topic: LibreELEC

Edited once, last by Buzzzzer (September 6, 2016 at 8:39 PM).

• Ah, was that you?

I guess it is time for a full kodi.log file.
    https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl...de_Logfile

How about a screendump of your Video acceleration settings? Just press PrtScn, the image(s) will be in the screenshots folder.
    Perhaps Kodi defaults to VDPAU acceleration (=Nvidia), instead of VAAPI (=Intel).

Log & shots attached...

Trying disable VDPAU,disable VAAPI , disable all. did not help
    Edit:
    I added the file as it sounds on the receiver

• I have the same issue on a cubox-i4pro.

With HDMI (directly to TV) I have audio stutter every couple of seconds like described above.
    With SPDIF the sound is completely distorted. It is like the audio is sometimes being slowed down dramaticaly resulting in music in movies being completely off-key and voices sounding like they are under water. This also every couple of seconds.

With the old kernel everything is fine. (this is the image I used: LibreELEC)
    Any idea to what this is related? Can we fix this with audio settings so I can use the regular version?