DVBLink (3.3.4) freez when playback on RPi2/3 running LibreElec 7.90.005

• After updating from 7.90.003 to 7.90.004 the TV streaming stop to work. When starting only audio starts and video is just shown a picture (like pause) after a few seconds the loading animation is showing and the pi becomes unresponsive.

log is from a fresh install of libreelec.

Edited once, last by Aergernis (September 7, 2016 at 11:08 AM).

• I didn't look at the logs, but Kodi folks have been playing about with inputstream API things (or forgetting them) and that's probably the cause. Now that Kodi moved to beta the PVR/DVB front-end apps should start to stabilise. Please check again with v7.90.005 when it's released (it's work in progress) as most Kodi sourced add-ons will be bumped to match at the same time.

• Anyone have a idea how to deal with this problem?

Perhaps check the hardware accelaration? (under settings/options/Video..)
    I just found out that mpeg2 is not hardware accelerated with a pi, you need to by the codec for that...

mp4 (h265) is hardware accelerated

activating hardware accelaration without having the codec gives me the same results as you have (only sound, freezed picture) when switching between hd (h265) and non hd (mpeg2) channels

Solution: Buy the codec (i am still waiting for it to be send via email, but hope this is the solution!)

Edited once, last by cubrilec (September 19, 2016 at 1:19 PM).

• Perhaps check the hardware accelaration? (under settings/options/Video..)
    I just found out that mpeg2 is not hardware accelerated with a pi, you need to by the codec for that...

mp4 (h265) is hardware accelerated

activating hardware accelaration without having the codec gives me the same results as you have (only sound, freezed picture) when switching between hd (h265) and non hd (mpeg2) channels

Solution: Buy the codec (i am still waiting for it to be send via email, but hope this is the solution!)

Tried, but no change.

• Hi,

I just tried it with tvheadend and the mpeg2 codec from the raspberry foundation, and with the newest alpha version of libreelec i got perfect picture and fast switching cahnnels. Perhaps try to activate both hardware accelaration modes together at the same time?