Posts by mountbaldy

[hr]
    I figured it out on this end... I should have followed the directions!!! Looks like my settings were incorrect! Thanks for making me re-check things!

As described on the first page, when done correctly you should get noise when running the command "speaker-test". If you do then make sure "keep audio device alive" is turned off under system audio settings in Kodi.

I understand that. Do the above changes to the asound.conf file look correct given my settings?

This is what I get in return when I run the speaker-test...

Cheers!

Joe

Well... I was able to get the emulators working with the new install of LibreElec Community Build... However... I am having trouble getting my sound settings correct... I read through the sound setting pages and am still unable to interpret them. I've tried several settings and none of them have worked...

I'm running my sound via HDMI....

Here is what my config is...

I set the asound.conf file to look like this....

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=0,DEV=3"
        }
    }

What am I missing??

Thanks!!

Cheers!

Joe

I installed the latest build for x86 and am having trouble launching emulationstation. When I select the menu entry for it, nothing happens. There is no log in /tmp, nothing in the kodi log about it either.

Strangely, /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf and the other files in that directory are empty. Is this normal?

Am I missing something obvious here? Where can I search for relevant info as to what is happening?

Same here! I haven't done a fresh install of it yet though... I ended up adjusting my partition sizes with Gparted... Which took probably as long as a full backup would have (which I was avoiding). So... It's time to regroup.

Any word on the above issue guys? That is exactly what was happening on my x86 box... :dodgy:

Cheers,

Joe

This build uses a slightly larger system partition than that of the official build (to store the cores and system files). So updating can be a pain, unless you're willing to extend your existing system using a partition manger. Booting into a linux live and running gparted for example. So my advise is, it's best to start a clean install using the extended build. IRAL and everything work perfect. Backup your old userdata and kodi files if required and just restore them to the newly installed build.

I tried doing an upgrade but it doesn't seem to have taken.... I'm guessing because of the partition size issue!

Thanks for the advice! I'm familiar with GParted but it does sound like doing the old backup routine wouldn't be a bad idea here and restore what files I have saved. Thanks!!

I've been battling getting a working version of LibreElec with Kodi and IARL installed on an x86 box. Currently I'm running LibreElec 7.9x (non-Extended) on an oldish Dell box. I am using Spinz skin on that and Kodi 17. Everything on the Kodi side is working well. I've tried installing RetroArch with little luck. I've also tried installing GameStarter with no luck. What happens is that when you select the game in IARL it starts Gamestarter or RetroArch and then bumps me back to my home screen in Kodi. I contacted Zach and he said to set each emulator to external and then set each emulator individually. I tried that also and it did not work. I'm assuming it's because I'm not running the Extended version of LibreElec.

I am interested in installing the Generic x86 version of the Extended version of LE8 onto my x86 box and try that...

What's the easiest way to "upgrade" to the extended version?

I tried running the make file with the following command "PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image" an got an error... package.mk file not found...

Any advice is greatly appreciate!

Cheers!

Joe