Posts by Ozymandias

I created an sdcard with 8.0.2a for my Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta - S905 2G/8G 1Gb eth.

Everything seems to be working very well. So I installed to internal.

Then I realised that I had not used/placed a device tree file on the card :(

Everything seems to be working great from internal - no stuttering/problems etc.

However I am unclear as to the device tree my installation is actually using and whether I should reinstall 8.0.2a with the "correct" device tree (gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb).

Any thoughts?

I'm using a Windows 10 pro client to access a 8.0.0g mxq mediacentre with "Use Samba Password Authentication" enabled (with username & passphrase).

Everything works well - I can access the shares, backup, configfiles etc and add files, delete files etc.

However if I reboot the mxq mediacentre the Windows client refuses to authenticate giving a

"The user's password must be changed before logging on for the first time"

dialog.

If I then go to the mxq mediacentre box and disable "Use Samba Password Authentication" and then immediately enable it again I can connect with no problem from the Windows client.

Is this a known issue with Samba i.e. a reboot will cause a "first time login password change request" from a client?