Posts by darioml

I think it will be possible to support this box, logs will not help unfortunately with this issue, physical access to one of the devices on the other hand would, it's somewhat of a headache feature to support as it requires a lot of testing which isn't practical to do remotely.

This is the driver I would like to use, the problem is the DTB, it will have to be custom made for each display which is different which is where the testing issue comes into play, it will be does it display as desired, if not try again, repeat, repeat, repeat.

For the tanix box the manufacturer compiled the LCD driver against kszaq kernel specifically for us and provided us with the modification to the DTB so it didn't require too much work from our end.

Hi, adamg.

I'm attaching the Android dmesg from my Vorke Z6. It is seen that the FD628 driver is loaded as an "Out-of-tree module".

Code
    [   23.004878@3] Modules linked in: wlan(O+) cfg80211(O) compat(O) aml_fd628(O) ddr_window mali_kbase(O)

I hope it finally works!

I am sure that it would be very useful if it is flexible enough. For example, if you could choose, via a Settings Menu, what to show: the time, the playing time or the remaing one, the movie name, etc. Of course, the LAN, WiFi or Bluetooth symbols to show the current status of those connections are quite useful, as well. Everything would be better than the permanent "boot" message.

Thanks!

ssh login to LibreELEC then

echo "echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

kszaq might want to put that permanently into platform_init ;)

wrxtasy

My box (Vorke S6) has an LCD panel on the front, where, in Android, the time and other symbols. like if an usb is plugged, etc. are shown.

Do you know its driver or how you manage it, so in LE, an useful message can be displayed on it? Currently, only "boot" appears...

Thanks!

Hi.

I installed it in an EVO 32GB microSD for a Vorke Z6 (3GB DDR4, GigaEth) and, sometimes, drop/skip of frames are noticeable. In action scenes it could be easily seen.

However, the LibreELEC 8.2.1.1 version in another Kingston 2GB microSD works flawlessly with the exactly same movie, in HEVC/AAC.

Is it due to the LibreELEC itself, just Kodi Leia? Do you need any log?

Thanks for your great work!

kszaq Sorry if it a stupid question, but, although I've been following Libreelec for Raspberry PI for a couple of years, I'm new with the Amlogic version of it.

What is the reason that all of your work to make Libreleec work in these Amlogic TV boxes cannot be merged in the official master branch? Is it licensing issues? Is it just an optimization or the official Arm version would not work as it is?

It is a huge work that should not be lost/forgotten if you, one day, stop doing it. I hope it never comes in some years, BTW! :D

Thank you very much

Hi.

I'm also very interested in the Tapatalk support. Now, I cannot even log in in it. It always gives a network error...

I was using very much the function to subscribe the threads I was mostly interested in, so I could easily follow them.

I have just installed WSC-Connect, but I cannot (or I don't know how to) subscribe threads.

Any help? Would Libreelec forum support Tapatalk in a neat future?

Thanks!

Hi.

Provided that in the OP it is said that:

• resolution switching - only 1920x1080 and 4K is working (frame rate switching works)

Would this LE build work with an old 720p HD Ready TV? I would play 720p and 1080p content with it.

Thanks for your great effort! :)