Posts by RAspiDave

SMB 1.0 is not activated ootb, so its no surprise that you need it

file is okay

What kind of NAS do you use ?

It is very strange overall :)

my NAS is a Synology with the latest version of DSM (7.0-41890) running on it.

The strange thing is that I only have this issue on the EL running on x86_64 and not with the LE on my raspberry pi 4 (or 3). They connect by the same means to the same NAS.

Some additional debug info. The NAS is (temporary) allowing SMB1 so I can get the mount to work. Interestingly the vers=1.0 must be explicitly mentioned or the mount will fail.

So, when leaving out the vers=1.0 doesn't mean that it will attempt to connect over SMB1 (and others) but simply fails again... strange!

I've compared a LE x86_64 with a RPi4, both with the same mounting options

output of mount on RPi4:

Code
    debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
    tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
    configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
    tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
    //10.10.0.10/Multimedia on /storage/multimedia type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=default,cache=strict,username=<username>,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=10.10.0.10,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,soft,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1)

Output of mount on x86_64:

Code
    debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
    tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
    mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
    configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
    tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)

As you can see nothing is found on x86_64...

Did some further testing. Turns out that the following works fine:

Code
    smbclient '\\10.10.0.10\multimedia' <password> -U <username> --option='client min protocol=SMB3'

also SMB2 works fine:

Code
    smbclient '\\10.10.0.10\multimedia' <password> -U <username> --option='client min protocol=SMB2'

as I get in both cases the smbclient prompt and have checked with ls to see if I really was connected. But the

Is it possible that LE x86_64 version ignores the vers= option? If so, how can that be changed?

Sorry, it took ages before I could try again. And still no luck. But I did some research and found that I can have more debug info with

Code
    smbclient -L 10.10.0.10 -m SMB2 -U <username> -d 256

Found out that it looks like it indeed still tries using version 1.0, but I can't figure out why as the mount clearly states vers=2.1

Code
    smbXcli_negprot_smb1_done: No compatible protocol selected by server.
    protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE
    Failed to connect with SMB1 -- no workgroup available

Any idea why this happens?

As a temporary test I've forced the NAS to accept vers=1.0 and gave it a try. It works them without a glitch. So it does not seem to be a connectivity issue between the LibreElec and the NAS.

Code
    HQMB-MMCMS-01:~ # mount
    //10.10.0.10/Multimedia on /storage/multimedia type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=<username>,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=10.10.0.10,soft,unix,posixpaths,serverino,mapposix,acl,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1)

UPDATE: this post is then obsolete as the Pi4 connects over SMB3 ok, but the Intel PC doesn't. they both run on LE9.2.6

Code
    Options=username=<username>,password=<password>,rw

What happens if you remove the version forcing and let things negotiate normally?

Same thing: fail to mount

UPDATE: I have a Liberelec running on a generic (Intel) pc and a Pi 4. I've done your suggestion on both and turns out that removing the version forcing on the Pi4 works just fine and logs in as SMB3 on the NAS. But on the PC it still fails and refuses to mount...

UPDATE 2: I have tried on a Pi2 with LE9.6.2 (Rpi2.arm) to do the same but on that one it fails again. So it works on a RPi4.arm, but not on another image :/ :/

UPDATE 3: found out that the issue is not happening on a Pi3 or Pi4 but is a problem on x86_64 or on a Pi2. they all are running on LE9.2.6 ...

I'm having the same issue and I did use the "new way". I've changed to a new NAS that doesn't support SMB1 anymore (unless really forced, which I do not want to do given version 1 is sooo insecure).

So I've had this before:

Changed it to:

Code
    Options=username=<username>,password=<password>,rw,vers=3.0

NAS is reachable

Code
    KODI:~ # ping 10.10.0.10
    PING 10.10.0.10 (10.10.0.10): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 10.10.0.10: seq=0 ttl=63 time=0.355 ms
    64 bytes from 10.10.0.10: seq=1 ttl=63 time=0.755 ms

but at boot up, the mount fails. Any idea how to fix this?

When I create a new "location" in Kodi the SMB share connects OK and I can browse/access all files. But that's not what I need. I want the mount to happen before Kodi starts. It used to work before but now fails and I have no clue why.

Any tips are welcome.

UPDATE: tried with vers 2.0 and 2.1 as well - same thing. When I try 1.0 which is not permitted by the NAS I see a "warning" in the NAS logs, so a connection to the NAS is not the issue:

I just installed version 9.0.1 on my RPi2 connected to my eGalax touch and wanted to install the touchscreen add-on for configuration but I get a failed. When looking into the logs it seems the add-on is not available anymore?

2019-03-09 10:18:30.126 T:1938145952 DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing 'service.touchscreen' version '9.0.101' from repository 'repository.libreelec.tv'

2019-03-09 10:18:30.186 T:1807004528 ERROR: Requested path service.touchscreen-9.0.101.zip not found in known repository directories

2019-03-09 10:18:30.187 T:1807004528 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[service.touchscreen]: failed to resolve addon install source path

Can anyone point me in the rights place for the touchscreen add-on ZIP file?

thanks a lot!

Hi all,

It's a bit difficult to keep track of how to get touch to work (eGalax) in LE through 258 posts :)

I tried but easily got lost in the different conversations.

So this quick question: does LE 8.2.x support eGalax out of the box?

Or alternatively, does anybody have a working 8.2.x image with eGalax support?

PS: found out the hard way that compiling on Ubuntu18.04LTS does not work. Not being an expert I gave up ;)