Posts by Arcee

I finally found out what Broadcom chip the Minix X8-H Plus has. Thing is, the X8-H Plus is one of the few with 802.11ac.

The chipset is: Broadcom AP6335 (802.11ac).

Maybe that is the reason that most of balbes150's builds don't support Wi-Fi on the Minix X8-H Plus?

Does this info help make it work?

I place the .tar file in the Update folder of the LAN1000 of the 13.05.2017 build to update, but then, after getting a nice LibreElec splash screen and readable status updates on the boot-up of Linux, the screen goes black and nothing happens. Kodi never comes up.

Anyone else have that problem? I don't use multiboot, just flash into internal memory.

My device is a Minix X8-H Plus.

These fail to boot with no useful output :(

I seem to recall that the old M8S s812 build of Openelec 6.x from this guy used to work:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rom from then:
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S812-6.0-update.zip
    OpenELEC-AmlMedia.arm-M8S-6.0.0.4.zip

I have the Minix X8-H Plus since two years, before that I've used the Minix X8-H. Both worked brilliantly with the OpenElec 5.0.8 builds from a guy called @surkovalex.

His builds are still available online:
    MEGA

Version 5.0.8.7 is the best one, the X8HP files are for the X8-H Plus, and the X8 files for the X8 and the X8-H.
    Basically, everything you want/need in that one works. But it's not Krypton and not LibreElec.
    Maybe someone more experienced than me can extract the Wi-Fi drivers from there?

Anyone can try the new test version for Minix\bcm4335.
    Pay attention, I have not tested this way.

Yandex.Disk

I'd be more than happy to test it on my X8-H Plus, but I don't know how to update to .gz files. Can you provide a .tar? I just copy the .tar in the Update folder and reboot. I'm not using dual boot but just internal flash memory since day one using OpenElec more than two years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I have M8S+ with AP6330 and it won't work with any of the builds. Only full working version (with kodi 16.1) is Kerber's 7.0.2.001 from here: Index of /image/LE8

Version 8.0.1. from the same folder should work with BCM4335, you could try it.

Unfortunately, I tried the M8S+ build on my Minix X8-H Plus. Put the .tar file in the Update directory and rebooted.
    Flashing worked, but now when starting up my Minix, it hangs at the AlexELEC splash screen... guess I have to update again using the paperclip method.

Probably there's more differences between the M8S+ and the X8-H Plus preventing this to work.

Alas, still no build working with the BCM4335.

The older OpenElec build from Codesnake and Surovalex is actually the only one that worked.
    MEGA

Would it be possible to obtain the Wi-Fi drivers from that build?
    I'm talking about the X8HP builds, which work perfectly well on my Minix X8-H Plus.

Test 20170301

I've just tried installing this firmware onto my Minix X8-H Plus and unfortunately, Wi-Fi is still not working and selecting 4K resolution gives me only the top quarter of the screen.

The requested output from my Minix is as follows:

First, the output of execute fw_printenv is:

Code
    [b]LibreELEC-MinixX8HP:[/b][b]~ [/b]# fw_printenvWarning: Bad CRC, using default environmentbootargs=console=ttyAMA0,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p9 rwbootcmd=run distro_bootcmdbootdelay=2baudrate=115200arch=armcpu=armv8board=hikeyboard_name=hikeyvendor=hisiliconsoc=hi6220kernel_name=Imagekernel_addr_r=0x00080000fdt_name=hi6220-hikey.dtbfdt_addr_r=0x02000000fdt_high=0xffffffffffffffffinitrd_high=0xffffffffffffffffmmc_boot=if mmc dev ${devnum}; then setenv devtype mmc; run scan_dev_for_boot_part; fiboot_net_usb_start=usb startusb_boot=usb start; if usb dev ${devnum}; then setenv devtype usb; run scan_dev_for_boot_part; fiboot_prefixes=/ /boot/boot_scripts=boot.scr.uimg boot.scrboot_script_dhcp=boot.scr.uimgboot_targets=usb0 mmc1 dhcp boot_extlinux=sysboot ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} any ${scriptaddr} ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.confscan_dev_for_extlinux=if test -e ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.conf; then echo Found ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.conf; run boot_extlinux; echo SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...; fiboot_a_script=load ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${scriptaddr} ${prefix}${script}; source ${scriptaddr}scan_dev_for_scripts=for script in ${boot_scripts}; do if test -e ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${prefix}${script}; then echo Found U-Boot script ${prefix}${script}; run boot_a_script; echo SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...; fi; donescan_dev_for_boot=echo Scanning ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart}...; for prefix in ${boot_prefixes}; do run scan_dev_for_extlinux; run scan_dev_for_scripts; donescan_dev_for_boot_part=part list ${devtype} ${devnum} -bootable devplist; env exists devplist || setenv devplist 1; for distro_bootpart in ${devplist}; do if fstype ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} bootfstype; then run scan_dev_for_boot; fi; donebootcmd_usb0=setenv devnum 0; run usb_bootbootcmd_mmc1=setenv devnum 1; run mmc_bootbootcmd_dhcp=run boot_net_usb_start; if dhcp ${scriptaddr} ${boot_script_dhcp}; then source ${scriptaddr}; fidistro_bootcmd=for target in ${boot_targets}; do run bootcmd_${target}; done

Then, the output of the udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* is:

Code
    [b]LibreELEC-MinixX8HP:[/b][b]~ [/b]# udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*P: /devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1E: DRIVER=bcmsdh_sdmmcE: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v02D0d4335E: SDIO_CLASS=00E: SDIO_ID=02D0:4335E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

I hope it helps to get things working in a next test build. Thanks for the efforts so far!

I'm already for nearly two years using OpenElec on my Minix X8, X8-H and X8-H Plus (I had all three).
    It would be really great if a LibreElec build would become available indeed!