Posts by Arcee

As I'm now less 'afraid' of testing other boxes' builds on my Minix X8-H Plus, I've just installed the M8S Plus build of @surkovalex of May 28th, found in this folder: Index of /image/devel

This build works quite well. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth still don't work, but the video is better for the following two reasons:

1) It is for the first time, that I've been able to hardware decode h265 content on my Minix X8-H Plus. Great news, so it IS possible!

2) It is for the first time, that I've been able to have my Minix output full-screen 4K video on my Sony TV from Krypton! Only in 24Hz but that's a hardware limitation.

Like in the builds of balbes150 the audio output is good too, with passthrough working except HD passthrough. But also that seems to be a hardware limitation.

I'm testing this build LibreELEC_8.0.0-Begicj-M8S_S812_4335 a bit more on my Minix X8-H Plus:

- Ethernet is not working. I've tried to configure the connection manually by setting IP and gateway in the connections screen. But no connection.

- Wi-Fi works straight away on first run and it's fast.

- The best news: also 4K works! I've got full screen and it's really 4K and 4K x264 videos do play fine.

- Didn't test Bluetooth because I wouldn't know what to test it with - and I don't need it to be honest.

So basically, everything I need works in this build.

Problem is that installing this one erases everything, my sources.xml and advanced settings and stuff, all gone ;(

But hey, anything that helps getting Wi-Fi to work on my Minix X8-H Plus..!

If we'd get the drivers from this build working in the 17.3 build of balbes150 then we've got the perfect Kodi for me and the Minix X8-H Plus is back alive!

I have this same board but v8.8, runs the same libreelec versions you have mentioned. I can flash this and wifi, Bluetooth all work but old version kodi. LibreELEC_8.0.0-Begicj-M8S_S812_4335

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!

I installed this build on my Minix X8-H Plus and, for the first time EVER I've got Wi-Fi working in Krypton!!!!

So happy!!

But, this is a really old beta version of Krypton. So, if we can get the drivers of this one working in the latest build of balbes150 then problem solved, Wi-Fi will work!

Problem with this build LibreELEC_8.0.0-Begicj-M8S_S812_4335:

- The Ethernet/LAN doesn't work on the Minix X8-H Plus

But, since Wi-Fi works, I'm now connected with SSH through Wi-Fi. Some of the entries that may be of use:

1. udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* output:

2. lsmod

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    8021q                  16193  0
    btsdio                  2426  0
    dhd                   658942  0
    bluetooth             193100  1 btsdio
    wifi_dummy               737  0
    mali                  161091  5

mark2 that's really strange- I'm using the 20170605 build indeed, I have even reinstalled it.

BT is switched on, but when going to the Bluetooth tab in Settings, "No Bluetooth adapter found".

No LAN, no Wi-Fi, which is why I'm now using the MKIII_Plus build of 20170605 which works smooth and with fast LAN at least and otherwise works smoothly.

It is strange that BT is working on your Minix, because both BT and Wi-Fi are on the same AP6335/BCM4339.

I've just installed today's (20170605) MKIII_Plus build on the Minix X8-H Plus, works like a charm, except for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 4k.

I'm sticking to this one for the moment.

Another question, regarding X265. As X265 doesn't play with hard-ware decoding, would the option not to use hardware decoding for x265 be an idea? I see there are options for MPEG2, MPEG4 and h264, but not for h265.

balbes150

I've just tried your Minix test build on my Minix X8-H Plus.

Bad news:

- Upon boot-up, when Kodi interface comes up, turning circles on previously played movies and music

- Going to Settings - LibreELEC I get an error message "Settings menu not available, please try again later"

- After a few minutes, I can get to the LibreELEC settings menu. The Wi-Fi option is back, but turning it off and on, I cannot get it to work

- LAN doesn't work, no network

- Wi-Fi doesn't work

- Bluetooth doesn't work

I'm sorry not to be able to agree with Mark2 that we're getting closer - it works less well than the LAN1000 version.

The test version for H8X_plus.

Yandex.Disk

I've just installed this build on my Minix X8-H Plus. It works less well than the MXIII_Plus build.

It starts up, once inside Kodi it takes a few minutes for my recently viewed movies to appear.

Going to the LibreElec menu isn't immediately possible (LibreElec settings not ready, try again later).

After a few minutes, I can go into the settings, and under Network, the Wi-Fi option is gone.

And even worse- the LAN is also not working. Going to Connections, it shows a LAN connection, but it doesn't work.

I'm reverting back to the MXIII_Plus build.

I've had the X8-H (not the plus) before and I used the X8 builds from Surkovalex.

Again, click on this link and you'll be redirected to Mega, and go to the 5.0.8 folder.

OpenELEC-Amlogic.X8.arm-5.0.8.7.zip works on the X8 and X8-H.

OpenELEC-Amlogic.X8P.arm-5.0.8.7.zip works on the X8 Plus.

OpenELEC-Amlogic.X8HP.arm-5.0.8.7.zip works on the X8-H Plus.

Again, these builds are the best ones I've ever tested, but it is still OpenElec version 5.0.

Since, Surkovalex made some 6.0.x builds but they are less good.

Then I sold my X8-H and now I've only got the X8-H Plus.

None of the LibreElec builds I've ever tried have working Wi-Fi on the X8-H Plus.

balbes150 just made a test build for the Minix:

Yandex.Disk

Since I haven't got the X8-H anymore, I cannot test it on that one. On the X8-H Plus, everything works except 4K, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

If I would still have the X8-H then I'd try the LAN100 version balbes150 compiled, find it here: Yandex.Disk

Latest version that works is in the 20170602 folder. The LAN1000 works on the Minix X8-H Plus, the LAN_100 should be worth a try on the X8-H.

balbes150

Regarding the LAN1000 version:

- The LAN1000 build of April 18 works fine, all works EXCEPT Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

- The LAN1000 build of May 13 doesn't work, after splash screen the Kodi interface never comes up

Regarding the LAN100 version:

- The LAN doesn't work on my Minix X8-H Plus

- However this one will probably work on the Minix X8 and X8-H as those have 100 mbit LAN

Regarding the LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3 version:

- Works fine, all works EXCEPT Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

For both the LAN1000 and the MXIII Plus builds:

- Wi-Fi is present in the LibreElec options, you can turn it off and back on. Turning it on even makes you wait. However, no Wi-Fi networks appear in the Connections list, only wired.

- Bluetooth just states that no bluetooth device is found.

Personally, I don't care about Bluetooth, all that matters is getting Wi-Fi to work.

I'll try your Minix test build tomorrow. Thanks so much for your efforts!

** as a note, the link wasn't working, but managed to go higher up, and found this link to be working.....note I'm on the M8s.....

Index of /image/LE8/arm/8.0.2

MEGA

Neural_oD

The right files are on Mega, click on this link and you'll be redirected there.

In Mega, go to the 5.0.8 folder and get the file called OpenELEC-Amlogic.X8.arm-5.0.8.7.zip.

Inside you find the following files:

- OpenELEC-Amlogic.X8.arm-5.0.8.7-update.zip

- recovery.img

- factory_update_param.aml

These are the three files that must be in the root of your SD card, prepared following the procedure I mentioned.

I've flashed it into NAND no problem, using the toothpick method.

To install OpenElec on your X8-H, X8 Plus, X8-H Plus, follow this procedure:

1. Download Minitool Partition Wizard from here: Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free (thanks @Roylegr!)
    2. Format your SD Card with Minitool Partition Wizard in FAT32 format
    3. Rightclick the USB partition in Minitool Partition Wizard, and under Modify, selected Change Partition Type ID
    4. Select 0x81 Minix/Linux and click OK
    5. Then click Apply on the top left (don't forget this, as Minitool Partition Wizard doesn't apply immediately)
    6. Now download the OpenElec 5.0.8.7 Surkovalex build from here: http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.5/Op…P.arm-5.0.5.zip (take the .ZIP one)
    7. Unzip the three files in this ZIP file to your formatted SD card.
    8. Turn off your Minix X8-H completely and insert the SD card in the side slot.
    9. Then with a paperclip press the little reset button on the back of your device and keep it pressed while turning on the device. When you see the Minix logo appear, release the paperclip from the reset button and wait.

This gives you OpenElec 5.0, which is only a start (even though this build works the best of all builds I ever tested).

Then, start it up, connect it to your network, in the settings activate Samba.

Once Samba is activated, from your PC you can just browse to the box from your Explorer, and place any .tar file in the Update folder.

Reboot the box and it updates to that build.

I just have a SD card with this Surkovalex build, so if I mess everything up, I can always revert back using this method and then install a .tar of my choice.

Now I use the day time to help work on porting the kernel 4.x for S812 . Perhaps then I can return to the issue of support for WiFi in Minix. The main problem in this issue - I don't have that model so have to do everything at random and without verification.

Thanks so much balbes150 I do hope you succeed in getting the right drivers for the AP6335 in the Minix working.

Otherwise, I'm testing the latest MXIII_Plus right now on my Minix, it boots fine (I like the clean splash screen without all those status updates, nice!) and I've not encountered any freezes yet. Running in 1080p @60Hz all is real smooth.

@balbes150 Thanks for the new build.

I have tested it on MINIX X8-H Plus and identified a number of issues

When I rolled back to previous 8.0.2 version everything was working fine

xbmcking are you saying that you have an LE 8.0.2 build which has Wi-Fi working on the X8-H Plus? Which one are you using?

I would be so happy if I can get mine to work, even with 8.0.2!

I'm also using the .tar file to update, as I don't need multiboot or running from USB or SD, I'm just working from internal, which is fine.

Don't need Android anyhow and find it all too complex otherwise...

I just updated my Minix X8-H Plus to the LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3.tar and guess what... that works! Great work, thanks balbes150!

But still no Wi-Fi working, no 4K and no x265 playback.

Don't really care about 4K and I've actually never seen x265 work on any build, so... if we'd just get Wi-Fi working, then that would be the perfect build!