Posts by warwickmm

It appears that many WeTek Core owners are experiencing a major slowdown issue with LE 8. After a reboot, everything seems to work fine. However, after some time (which varies, sometimes a few hours), the UI becomes extremely slow to respond. For me, it takes the UI about 5 seconds to respond to each button press. When playing a video, the framerate is limited to around 1 fps. A reboot temporarily fixes the issue, but after a while the issue comes back.

It appears that this issue existed in the pre-releases, and is still a problem in LE 8. The related posts on the WeTek forums is here:

LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.95.2 BETA - WeTek Community Forum
    LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.95.3 BETA - WeTek Community Forum
    LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.0.0 RELEASE - WeTek Community Forum

I experienced this issue a couple days ago and rebooted the machine with debugging turned on. After a day of idling, the issue did not appear. I (unfortunately) then disabled debugging to watch a video. The video finished, and a few minutes later, I noticed the slowdown. I then re-enabled debugging with the hopes to capture something in the log. My apologies if the log does not reveal what triggered the issue. I will try to capture another log tonight.

Below is a link to the log that I have. I believe the interesting stuff starts to happen around 20:23:01.091 T:3035886144:

BWZg

Setup:
    WeTek Core
    Hard-wired gigabit ethernet
    Media hosted on NAS mounted via NFS