Posts by adster13

Thanks for this thread - I've been having trouble with my RPi 2 and DVBSky S960 since upgrading to LibreELEC 8.0 (green unwatchable mess on most channels, countless continuity errors in tvheadend), but smp's build without media_build seems to be working well for me (media_build was better than 4.9 kernel, but some channels were still bad or only occasionally worked).

However, I'm not sure this problem is RPi-specific. I tried the same setup with my tuner on an x86 laptop (i5-3340M) running LibreELEC 8.0.1 (official build) and was having the exact same problem - it was essentially unusable with the constant continuity errors in TVH, as even the bouquet/mux scan was failing (UK Freesat channels). Let me know if you want me to try any further testing.

It's not pi specific, is the Linux kernel from 4.9 and up. Hopefully is resolved or some lovely person can post an image of the latest generic release with Linux kernel 4.8 (with media) ;)

Hi All

After some help please I have tried to install Ivue on my Chromebox with latest version of Libreelec and Kodi 17 and am struggling it just says "Loading Data from External Source" now with exactly the same Kodi build but on my Windows machine (copied userdata and addons) it works fine. have rule out network connectivity as using the the same cable etc and still no joy..... if anyone can help me fix this or point me in the right direction I would be greatful

Thanks

Mark
    PS This has been annoying me for a while and todays the day im going to try and work out why?

Exactly same here mate. If you find a solution please share, I will do the same if I come across anything

Just to make things clear: media_build has nothing to do with the issue from my original post. I made 2 versions (media_build and non-media_build) because some DVB devices only work with media_build drivers and some devices for whatever reason only work with default kernel drivers.

The issue occur with and without media_build as long as the build is based on 4.9 kernel.

Kernel 4.10 has the same issue as 4.9 - it does not fix anything. Only kernel 4.8 and earlier work as expected.

Thanks for that, I understand is not to do with media_build and is kernel related I just wanted to make sure I used the correct one.
    So with that, I should just try one and see if it works with my DVB devices? Currently using LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.0.tar