Posts by Habibie

Were you able to scan the USA channels using this tuner, im having the exact box and my TV adapter is detecting but no way i can get the free OTA channels, please suggest your settings for USA channels

When I asked if a DVB-Tx can be used in the US, I received this response. However, when I tried to follow up as shown in this post, I got no response. All I can say is a DVB-Tx is for use in EU countries while ATSC is for the US. However, if anyone (including you) who can manage to get a DVB-Tx, particularly a DVB-T2, working to receive any free OTA channels here in the US, I am all ears.

Sure this has nothing på do with libreelec on S905/S905X - you should learn to google and read.

I gathered you currently have a DVB-T USB dongle working perfectly with your TV Box to accept local free-to-air (FTA) US TV channels here in the US? If so, I sure would like to know which city and/or state you are in. The reason I asked this is because I know a DVB-T is the DVB European-based consortium standard for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television used in EU countries while ATSC standard is largely a replacement for the analog NTSC standard and it is a set of standards for digital television transmission over terrestrial, cable, and satellite networks used mostly in the North America, i.e. Canada. Mexico, and United States. To support what I said, please see this DVB-T USB dongle digital television sticks do NOT function in the United States, Canada, nor Mexico video (circa 2012) and/or this post (circa 2016). If you and/or anyone here can confirm a DVB-T, especially a DVB-T2, USB dongle that works with a TV Box running on an LE 8.1.x to accept FTA US TV channels, then I would like to get one of the DVB-T2 USB dongle to work with my S905 TV Box running on an LE 8.1.x to watch local FTA TV channels.

Yes, same here on an old Sony TV.

If you meant the output through the A/V port, then it works just fine on my MXQ Pro S905 with the LE v8.1.2 to deliver video to my old analog TV. I also tested my MXQ Pro S905 with the LE v8.1.2-C2 and the A/V port has no problem to deliver video to my old analog TV. In either case, the video resolution is set to 720p and I can't change to 1080p.

I think that you boot and load from your SD card whereas I have transferred LE to the internal memory.

If so my being stuck needs another kind of solution.

In this case, you ought to read thest 1st post in this Testing: LibreELEC 8.2 builds for Amlogic S905/S905D/S905X devices and go to the section of If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot: -> if booting from internal: to learn how to recover your system.

Well, I don't have a Linux computer.

Can that be done on a Windows 10 PC?

What do you actually have on your SD card?

And something is unclear to me. After it was bricked, did you manage to actually boot into 8.2? Or did you manage to reload a previous load?

I don't have a Windows computer. If your Windows computer can R/W your SD card, then you ought to be able do it.

Out of the box, my SD card only has a single VFAT partition. It's where I first extracted an LE tarred file (IIRC, it was LE 8.0.0). When I first plugged the SD card into my MXQ Pro system, the uboot processed the LE files and then booted the LE. During the 1st booting process, I believe it created a 2nd partition with an EXT4 file system and mounted the partition to /storage. From there on, whenever there is a new update available, I just ssh into /storage/.update directory. Then, use wget to download the new LE tarred file and reboot my MXQ Pro to get it updated with the new LE version.

During the last uprade with 8.2 ODroid C2 tarred file, the upgrade went smooth. However, after upgrade was done, my MXQ Pro rebooted and stayed in the splash screen. To resolve this problem, I did the following:

• I unplugged the power and removed the SD card.
    • Plugged the SD card into and SD slot on a Linux computer.
    • Used http://fsck.vfat/fsck.ext4 to check and clean the LIBREELECT/LIBREELECT_DISK partitions, respectively, on the SD card before mounting them.
    • Mounted the LIBREELECT partition.
    • Changed directory to where the LIBREELECT partition was mounted. In this case, it was mounted on /mnt directory.
    • Renamed the existing dtb.img to dtb.img.sav.1 as a backup, and used the wget to download the gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb and renamed it to dtb.img.
    • Issued a sync to flush out the buffer memory to write to the SD card.
    • Changed directory out of the /mnt directory and umounted the SD card.
    • Took the SD card and plugged it into the SD slot on my MXQ Pro.
    • Plugged in the power to boot into LE 8.2 ODroid C2 sans (passed beyond the splash screen).

There are deceptive sellers sending out supposed S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 K - but they are in fact old $20 RK3299 boxes that LibreELEC does not support. This has happened to quite a few users now across a bunch of different forums.

I would advise those looking NOT to buy S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 K boxes - because the chances are you will be sent the wrong device.

I spotted such a product (under US $10 + Free S/H) from an eBay seller goes by this fastnreliable handler. It was even flagged as

for parts or not working condition. The title of the ad (now fixed) and item specifics (still) claimed it was an S905 chipset while it says an RK3229 chipset somewhere in the description. So, I contacted the seller and he confirmed it is an RK3229 chipset. If it were under US $5, I would not mind to get one. :)

Did you buy this product from an eBay seller goes by this fastnreliable handler?