Posts by RyanW

echo "r8169" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

^^ that will blacklist r8169 so r8168 can be used (if that's the issue) but the Kernel drivers improved and I didn't see that problem for a while.

I attempted the blacklist and it too has the same delay in aquiring network. Thanks for the tip.
    [hr]

echo "r8169" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

^^ that will blacklist r8169 so r8168 can be used (if that's the issue) but the Kernel drivers improved and I didn't see that problem for a while.

Correction on first attempt it didnt work. In looking through the log files i noticed:
    systemd-udevd[254]: libkmod: kmod_config_parse: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf line 1: ignoring bad line starting with 'r8169'

I reran the command echo "blacklist r8169" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf with blacklist in the qoutes and i now aquire network immediatley.
    Thank you to all that provided input!

Havent seen that bug for a long time.
    Could be related to the Network driver loaded for your card. The r8169 driver was sometimes a bit buggy for me when i used it under unRaid.
    What helped in my case was to use the r8168 driver supplied by Realtek and to blacklist the r8169 driver.

I dont know if the r8168 driver is included in Libreelec.

I read about the driver issues which was a dead end with apt-get disabled in libreelec. In testing I connected the box with two other routers and no issue aquiring network (ready as soon as Kodi is loaded). It has to be something with my router (Netgear WNDR3700v2 ) that is running DD-WRT v3.0-r29346 std (03/25/16). To make things even more puzzling my second router used as a Wifi AP in my 2 story house is running the same version of DD-WRT albeit different hardware (Dlink DIR-825).

Hi,

I recently migrated from Kodibuntu to LIbreELEC. LibreELEC is taking 5-10 minutes before it will connect to my wired (static ip) network.
    Log file is not capturing any networking details other than Kodi is unable to update video library.
    I have previously ran Kodibuntu for the last 5 years without any network issues or delays.
    I am running LibreELEC on a Zotac ZBOX-ID41-U.

Any guidance would be appreciated thanks.