Posts by bdladdy

Howdy,

I had to rebuild my setup (which once worked). I am using the latest LibreELEC/KODI with my Apple Extreme (the version with Wireless n). I have 2 hard drives plugged into a powered hub into the apple Extreme. Like I said, it all worked before.

I believe I had a setup with 'use network password' as the setting in the apple Extreme. I possibly had 'use disk password', but I am certain I did not use "use accounts". I guess there is a permissions bug if you try and use it. Anyways, the best I am able to get is it to show the drives, perhaps let you look once, then ask for a username/pw over and over again. One drive might work, then stop--but the other will never work.

I had it working in the old network. I would tell you what I did to get as far as I did, but I kept throwing username/password/device settings at the wall to see what stuck so I don't know if I got close. This has been going on for a few hours a night for a few days. Uncle.

1) Ideas or solutions?

2) does zeroconfig/bonjour still work? Any ideas how to get it to behave? When It seems to show up, I get the same password loop.

3) is there a magic 'username' for the basestation share?

4) I played with SMB://username:password@ip or name with every combo I could think of.

Thanks for listening to the rank,

-Mark