Posts by r0nnybums

Hi All,

After noting that some music I was playing was skipping I've noticed that my CuBox i4-pro is only running at 100Mbps on the network. I believe the fault lies on the CuBox itself; here's the troubleshooting I've done to establish that:

• Other devices plugged in to different ports on my router get gigabit speeds.
    • The CuBox, when plugged in to these other ports, still only gets 100Mbps speeds.
    • The CuBox, with a different 1m Cat5e cable, still only gets 100Mbps speeds.
    • The Cubox, with this different cable, plugged into another gigabit switch, still only gets 100Mbps speeds.
    • My laptop, with this different cable, plugged into both the router and the gigabit switch, gets full gigabit speeds.

To confirm I should be getting gigabit, I checked the manufacturers page (SolidRun | Simple Robust Embedded Computing Solutions

Code
    Ethernet:    10/100/1000 Mbps (*)

(*) Note that due to internal i.MX6 buses the 1000Mbps interface speed is limited to 470Mbps.

I've started looking at the CuBox and it seems to report that 100Mbps is the maximum:

I tried setting the speed manually with:

Code
    ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off

but it just drops the connection and brings it back up at 100Mbps.

Any ideas?!

Might not be relevant but what version of LE 8 are you using? vpeters 3.14 kernel?
    Also, have you got the small toslink connector - most normal ones are too large to fit in the cubox with modification. It gives the impression that it is connected, but is not.

No, just the official one. And yes I've got the toslink connector as I ran into that issue as well.

Next step the 3.14 build then you think?
    [hr]
    OK - Popped the 3.14 Kernel version (form here: Index of /imx6-solidrun-kernel-3.14/) into the 'update' share and rebooted and it's working fine now.

Interesting that yours works OK vpeter - is it a CuBox you have or another device? Either way - appreciate the 3.14 build.

Hi All,

Had a look through the forums, Google, LE8 release notes and the Kodi Audio Quickstart guide but can't seems to get any sound out via S/PDIF. For the record, it works OK via HDMI.

Dmesg seems to indicate that it is detected OK, and I've tried both the 'default' option and selecting S/PDIF manually. Have also enabled passthrough to see if it makes a difference but nothing. I had the same issue when I tried one of the beta builds and just downgraded back to 7.0.2 and it worked again, so I'm ruling out broken hardware.

Code
    CuBox:~ # dmesg | grep spdif
    [    2.218517] imx-spdif sound-spdif: snd-soc-dummy-dai <-> 2004000.spdif mapping ok

[    2.246172] ALSA device list:
    [    2.246187]   #0: imx-spdif
    [    2.246193]   #1: imx-hdmi-soc

Any ideas, and any other log files I can sift through to find an answer?

Much appreciated.