Posts by drieschel

I got Krypton (forked LE master branch) running on my S802 device. It seems to run very good but only with software decoding. The Amcodec option is there but it seems to be ignored. Does someone have an idea what the problem could be? Is this a Krypton related problem?

I will include a patch from Wrxtasy's C2 buils to see if this can be addressed. Unfortunately I don't have 2160p capable TV, you'll have to test is yourself.

You can use this patch for 4K support in Kodi: ct-003-fb-4k-scale.patch

Maybe you also have to adapt the dtd file for the device.

PS: If I see it right there are no dtd files anymore in kernel 3.14. However, I guess there is no need for updating the dts files for newer SoCs like S905 (related to 4K support). So the mentioned 4K patch for Kodi should probably do the work.^^

PPS: The mentioned patched builds on the ct-002-simplify_display_mode_handling.patch from Codesnake, so this patch is also required!

PPPS: After checking the source from 7.0.002 I saw you already integrated the mentioned patch. I maybe should have done that before.^^

Also I tried updating to your last version by copying the LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0.2-1.zip file into the update folder and rebooted the box. I didn't update and reboot by itself, so I rebooted it again and still no joy.

Sure that it didn't update? You can check the Operating System version at System->System info->Summary: Operating System ... Version: ...

Another unrelated issue is now I can see my boxes on my network, yesterday I could see them as other "computers" on my network, but today they're gone, anybody know how to make them "visible" again ?

I assume you are talking about a windows network. Try rebooting your pc and they probably will appear again. Important is that Samba is activated on the devices. You could also try to access to a single device through the windows explorer with \\device-name or \\device-ip.

Settings such as deinterlacing are accessable while playing video and then choosing "video settings" (see attachment, image from my x86 openelec htpc). I used to run "OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S82-6.0.0"

You get the deinterlacing options back when you disable amcodec (Settings->Video->Acceleration->Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec). But the movies will be decoded by software then and not by hardware. If I understood it correct, there is no need for the deinterlacing options when amcodec is used ([solved] Request Kodi code to Set De-interlacing OFF by default).

Edit: Could you save the dmesg output directly after boot (before the ring buffer turned a round^^) and attach it here?

I came over from another forum and I must say drieschel helped me with my Vega S89-H (S802H), and he's right there should be a forum for our devices, I'm sure there's a lot of them that could benefit from installing LibreELEC ! I love my box even more now !

Glad you found the way to this forum.

I was able to install this version. It boots up, after showing the bootloader logo it gives a short error in red while booting, after that it shows the kodi logo and starts libreelec.

My observations: pvr works fine, i'm using the dvblink plugin at this moment. I do not have the video settings which i am used to in the x86 version of libreelec. No deinterlacing of any kind. My mce remote doesnt work (it did in the build from amlinux.ru). When i turn off the device from within the menu it turns off my tv through CEC and the mxiii reboots.

That's great news!

No deinterlacing of any kind

If there would be some kind of deinterlacing, where would I find the settings in Kodi?

My mce remote doesnt work (it did in the build from amlinux.ru)

Can you tell me the exact version you used from amlinux.ru?

When i turn off the device from within the menu it turns off my tv through CEC and the mxiii reboots.

Yes, power off doesn't work yet.

PS: Uploaded the 7.0.2-1 version for the 1G device. But it won't fix the problems you have.

I made a new build for S82 2G devices with some improvements. It's the version 7.0.2-1. It can be downloaded here: Index of /LibreElec/S82

Code
    Working:
    - 3D mode auto switching
    - 4k resolutions
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - LAN

Not Working yet:
    - Power off (is rebooting instead)

Credits to Codesnake, Kerber, Kszaq (in alphabetical order) and a lot others which made this possible.

It has something to do with the following I guess:

Code
    08:37:37 T:2497704864 ERROR: Unable to load libamplayer.so, reason: libamplayer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    08:37:37 T:2497704864 WARNING: CAMLCodec::CAMLCodec libamplayer.so not found, trying libamcodec.so instead

Can't say if it's a bug in the Amcodec or in the pvr client. But maybe someone else have an idea.

Not exactly sure but something kernel related. If you have some knowledge about kernels, you probably could give me some hints about kernel debugging after power down/suspend call. Problem is that I don't have a serial console and the fs seems to be unmounted already. So printk messages get lost during that time.

This should be the firmware for my box:

Download KitKat 4.4.2 114k4 firmware for Tronsmart MXIII

Okay, I will make another build with the dtd for your device included and let you know when it's uploaded.

I've installed this version yesterday and my problem still there unfortunately

Hmmm! Could you post your kodi.log? It maybe give us some information about the problem.

Another thing: My new S802 box is also a MXIII with 2G. My problem is, that I cannot wake it up by remote control. Do you also have this problem, freeque?

Hey,

i own the Tronsmart Vega S89 and using the openelec builds from codesnake on it. Would be cool to play around with LibreElec on that awesome box. Performance differences between wetek play and s802 boxes are big. The only sad thing is that it don't have an tuner build in, but as far i know TS Stream isn't supported on that CPU.

kind regards,

Fossy

Hi Fossy,

there is a workling build for your device. Everything is working fine, except power off/suspend. Here is the link: 7.0.2

Don't know very much about tuner built-ins and TS streams, so I can't make a profound statement about that.

Thanks for the reply. The only openelec build i got to "work" on my mxiii was one from http://amlinux.ru/image , i was under the impression that these where russion builds?

I dont know what a dtd file is, is this something i can do myself?

The builds on amlinux.ru are from kerber who is from Russia. Sounded for me that you are talking about all russians.^^ I see people, not countries, if you understand what I mean. I can try to make a build with the right dtd included. Can you send me a link to an android firmware for your 1GB device? So I can better figure out which dtd is the right one for your box.

@dreischel The only time I saw this issue was on a S905 box when u-boot supplied wrong command line arguments to recovery. Have you tried flashing factory ROM via USB Burning Tool? Also remove aml_autoscript from SD card as it may corrupt the boot process somehow.

The box is not found when I connect it to the pc by otg. I think that the main plate is probably corrupted somehow, because I could connect it a few weeks ago without problems . But when I have the serial debug board I will check what the box is doing (or not) after power on.^^