Posts by drieschel

Can you try flashing again by going into android recovery system (using toothpic by reboot) => wipe Data/factory reset => Apply Update from Ext => sdcard or udisk => Choose LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.0.2-update.zip? It's the same what the auto update is doing but who knows.

You have to extract the WeTek_Core.arm-7.0.2-update.zip from WeTek_Core.arm-7.0.2.zip before and put it on your sdcard/usb stick. And don't forget to delete the WeTek_Core.arm-7.0.2.zip from your sdcard/usb stick before you start.

I am missing a bugtracker or something similar. I am using Gitlab for my own projects. There you can define issues and milestones. That's great for agile development, because you can use issues as artifacts/tasks/whatever. Creating and assigning issues could help to increase the development output and to force a direction I think. Jm2c.

PS: I can provide my Gitlab server for using as bugtracker for LE.

Can you fix this link in the first post please?

Sure, I can do this. Was hoping that there will be a community forum for S802 devices soon, so I could pin a topic with LibreElec builds for S802 devices. This thread is/was basically a request for such a forum.

This will probably work with your device. But I don't think that this will work on SD, except the bootloader on your device knows how to handle LE partitions. But I could try to add this abilty in future.

Yea, I followed the directions. Doesn't work on my system. Kodi just boots vanilla. I put the text file in the "sd card" directory (a shortcut on my system) and in the "/" path. But Kodi still looks in the normal folder.

I tried installing LE but it didn't work for me with a USB. When I do the toothpick, it just boots into recovery. If I go to "Apply update from EXT" the USB has no files that show up. I can see the files on my PC... The ones that are supposed to be there, plus a kernal.

You need to extract the *-update.zip file from the .zip file, then copy it to your usb stick and try it again through "Apply update from EXT". If you still don't see the *-update.zip file, you should check the filesystem from your usb stick. Fat32 should work.

+CONFIG_V4L_AMLOGIC_VIDEO=y
    +CONFIG_AMLOGIC_IONVIDEO=y

These two options are activated in the kernel (look at the attached kernel config two posts above) and needed for correct audio/video sync as far as I understand ([aml] Use amlvideo driver for audio/video sync by codesnake · Pull Request #9896 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub).

Problem is found and solved: The v4l drivers didn't seem to work correct in the kernel I am using.

Will this work on the M8 S802 boxes?

Yes it should work! I will add the M8 device to the project so I can make a build for it where also the remote control will work.

Edit: I included the M8 device in the project and made a build you can download here! Feedback is much appreciated.
    Edit2: And source can be viewed here!

Damn! I need help! Patching the aml_permissions() didn't work. I need the real /dev/video10 device which is probably the amlvideo device. Hopefully someone has an idea. Do I miss a kernel driver/module? dmesg output is attached. I assume that the problem has something to do with this part:

PS: I also attached the kernel config.

I remember the same from the 905, below is one of the early patches for the 905, Krypton changed the way it checked compatibility. Worth a look.

Thank you for the approach! But this method in Krypton works.

[hr]

Edit: Problem seems to be that /dev/video10 not exists, only /dev/video13 is existent! Do I have to manage this by the kernel or do I need to patch the aml_permissions() functions in AMLUtils.cpp in Kodi or ...? Does someone have an idea?

Edit2: I compared the aml_permissions() function with the one from Kodi 16.1 and decided to patch. Hope it will work now.^^