Posts by tuep

But I assume generic is together with RPi one of the earliest ones.

But thats sounds already really promising. I read so much about the already quite reliable pre alpha builds that I expect to start then directly with the alpha.

By the way, regarding this Kernel question. I asked Digital Devices and they told me in 4.14 all cards beside modulator cards are included. So this means LE and DD C2T2 will work most likely ootb.

Ah thanks.

Is it already clear with which kernel LE 9 will come?

I am asking because I read that drivers for my DD Cine C2/T2 v7 are included in the kernel >4.14.

If this is not the case maybe I will have to have a look on your builds CvH. Maybe support for this card is implemented there.

Is there any timely information on the release of LE 9 or a LE 9 alpha?

The release schedule in the wiki only says early 2018, not mentioning whether it is the release or alpha or beta.

I assume alpha might not be far away.

Thats what i heard on the other place too.

So most likely I will do this together with maybe adjustments regarding memory, depending on the specific board.

This will also give me time to find a suitable case. Top solution would be a cheap used PC-C37B USB3 where I replace the reset Button with a window. The Milo ML04 might also be suitable and is also still in production. The key thing is a bit ugly.

Beside that I found it really hard to get a relatively clean/nice case with a standard 5,25" bay and possible usage of PCIe slots.

Thanks for the hints. I already have a Synology NAS. I came through discussions in another forum to the nearly final solution.

I will build a HTPC that takes over nearly all Media Tasks, like Streaming from NAS, streaming Netflix, playing DVD, Bluray, and CDs, playing live tv via DVB-T2, and whatever I forgot.

It will consist of most likely this items:

Board: Asrock J3455-ITX (maybe a similar next gen device)
    Memory: KVR16LS11/4
    SSD: 250GB 850 EVO
    Bluray drive: LG BH16NS55

DVB-T2 Tuner with CI Slot: TechnoTrend TT-budget CT2-4500 CI

IR-Receiver: Yard MIni or Micro
    Remote: One For All URC-7980 Smart Control 8
    PSU: PicoPSU 90W + Scalar 72W

For the case I am not sure yet. But there are not too many nice options out there. Maybe I will go for an Silverstone ML04 or a used Lian Li PC-C37 and mod a IR window.

Complete bleeding edge might be to unsatisfying. That sounds too much like permanent maintenance and construction site.

Alpha release would mean that one can install it and one would have already repositories and the system would get automatic updates?

I wont to build a new HTPC the next months and I am afraid that a lot of configuring has to be redone, when the new release comes out. Therefore I hoped that I can start directly with 9. But we will see.

Hi,

I was searching for a release schedule but couldn't find an information neither on the Wiki nor in the forum.

Maybe I am blind, but I am really curious when LE 9 might be available. Especially because of the netflix plugin.

I am not sure about that.

I only remembered that some time ago I tried to get Bluray running under Ubuntu. At that time there were different tutorials around. But I already used MakeMKV and I was surprised because I never noticed any Problems with it. For the Key-File method I often heard that some movies are not working etc. It might be because of my set of disks but I never had to struggle with such problems with MakeMKV. To get Bluray running system wide one only had to delete the system files connected to Bluray and make a link to the makemkv files. With this also Handbrake etc. runs like a charm.

But maybe in the end MakeMKV uses the very same files?

Thats about flashing alternative OS on the router? I will not do this. I'm quite fine with my Fritzbox. As I said I could use ethernet, I have a fitting cable here, but WiFi is enough here.

But I am still really curious about the optical drive integration into libreELEC and Kodi. Espacially concerning MakeMKV libraries and something like libdvdcss., but also the GUI.

I have nearly no troubles using WiFi. Maybe once in a while it has a short hickup but I actually expect it to become better if i use 5Ghz. Because I have nearly 20-30 Wifis here but only one other Guy uses 5GHz.

As more as I think about it I start liking the idea of a more classical HTPC more and more. Would it be possible to get an Bluray drive running with the MakeMKV codecs?

Then I could get a case in a hifi component formfactor and could create a Bluray player, a kodi box, a netflix client, and a receiver all in one device. This would be awesome.