Posts by tuep

I had a running installation with 4.2 and now I manually installed the latest 4.3. However, some things are not working smoothly. Does one have to migrate the config somehow from 4.2 to 4.3. Under Configuration/General (I hope you know what I mean, I am running a German installation) it's said that the config version is 4.2.

I have the very same problem, but I am running LibreELEC 9 and therefore the version of TVHeadend is 4.2. I can't try out the solution because the mentioned option is not present in this version. The picons are working on the server side, but in Kodi I can't see anything.

I updated to the 4.3 Server version and even with setting the authentification to both plain and digest I have no channel logos in Kodi.

Hmm that's sad.

But is it different compared to add extra repositories? In both cases I have to trust that the maintainers are providing the software as expected that means with high integrity and timely.

For me the first contact to flatpak is know the easy installation of makeMKV on Fedora. The alternatives to Flatpak are compiling it myself or adding an additional Repo. I tried out the first one which ended with compiling errors. The repo I found is not compatible with rpmfusion and the package is outdated. So for me it still appears as a good alternative.

Or am I missing something?

Another Update: The cursor seems not to be the Kodi Cursor.

If I go to settings/system and activate mouse and touchpad, there appears a second bigger mouse cursor in the upper left corner.
    This is really annoying.

I found under /dev/input/ a file named mice which is empty. Would the solution maybe be to delete it?
    I am a bit afraid to try it out because I don't want to mess up the system.

Small Update: I noticed that the switching during TV-Playback occurs because the screen is set to run at 25Hz in the first try and in the second step it is set to the correct 50HZ. I wonder how one can tell Kodi or the Addon to start directly at 50HZ.

I am running Millhouse nightlies. Since some weeks I have in principle two problems.

Firstly, sometimes when I start a playback A cursor appears in the center. If I stop and start it might disappear again. Sometimes it also remains on Kodi menu.

Second, I am running TVHeadend Server and client on my machine. Since the recent updates I have the following issue. When I start watching, the playback starts, but after a second it goes black again and the playback is restarted. Also switching channels causes this. It always starts two times. The cursor problem occurs of course here too.

Is it enough to go to settings and activate normal logging or do I need to activate it in some addon additionally to provide information?
    I have in my mind that the Logs can eventually contain some sensitive information like login data. Can you tell me which files to check before uploading it?

+1

Could be an easy way to get makeMKV into libreelec since it's know on flathub. In my experience bluray support is better in makeMKV compared to other methods.

Only thing is that I don't know yet how to make use of libmmbd.so.0 from the flatpak folder.

So I figured out where I went wrong. Apparently deleting the content databases was fine. But I was a bit too eager and deleted textures.db and addons.db. I deleted almost everything emby related, the databases and removed emby from the sources, which was apparently enough. I was a bit fooled because the official release of emby isn't working correctly with current nightlies. After I downloaded the current beta of this addon I could configure it correctly and get my system in the desired state again.

Regarding the recordings I guess I am missing the files in tvheadend dvr/log, which I cannot recreate. But it's not a big deal.

So with the renaming of the guisettings.xml Kodi starts again, but of course all settings are not present.

I will try to replace it again and see what happens. Beside that I figured out that I have a backup from June, which I could try. If this doesn't work.

But with this I would again need a solution to get rid of all remainings of the Emby for Kodi addon to get a fresh start for reinstalling it.

I am running Milhouse Builds from September I guess.

I had some problems with Emby for Kodi. After searching through files via ssh, I figuered out that there are remainings of the addon even after deleating it. So I decided to remove them manually and in Addition remove also the db like MyMoviesxx.db.

Now after restart I end up with the Kodi startup Logo.

I can shh to the machine but don't know how to fix it.

Unfortunately I didn't made an backup since I thought deleating emby stuff wouldn't hurt.

Would be a pain in the ass to reconfigure espacially tvheadend.