Posts by Mario77

Ah, thanks Millhouse and mario77. I did not expect anything to change from changing over from openelec, apart from Kodi being upgraded.

I did see the options for SMB2 -> SMB3 but did not realise I am using SMB1.

So I need to enable SMB1 and also add it to sources.xml. I'll try that when I get home.

Thankyou for the help.

Enable SMB 1 to add source then you can go back to default....If it doesn't work you may need to password protect your windows account first or create a second account with password..

The problem is that Mysql server is not sharing the actual files on your sever but a library (shortcuts to the movies)

So first you need to make sure that Libreelec can access those movies directly by going to file manager in Kodi and browse to your server and click on a movie see if it works...

I m suspecting that the Mysql is using samba...if so and you are using LE 8.1.1 or 8.1.0 you need to enable SMB1 from Kodi services settings...If you want to be safer and use higher Smb 2 or 3 you need to make a new account on your server and make it password protected for it to work with LE...It's all in the LE main page...

Mario77 CIFS (OS) mounts will (in pre-4.13 kernels*) default to SMB1, so yes your SMB1 CIFS mounts will fail when connecting to an 8.1.1 Samba server using the default SMB2 min protocol setting.

Your options are to enable SMB1 on the LE 8.1.1 Samba server (not a good idea), or add "vers=2.1" (or better) to your CIFS mount service in order to establish an SMB2 (or better) connection, ie.:

Code
    # Any options you usually use with the "-o" parameter in the mount command
    Options=username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,vers=2.1

Adding "vers=2.1" to the service may already work when connecting to an older LE 8.x or 7.x server, so could be added before any server upgrade.

We may need to update the sample config/wiki to mention the vers=x.y option.

* starting with 4.13.0 the kernel will now default to SMB3 when establishing a CIFS mount.

This makes a lot of sense..thanks milhouse

Mario77

If that was necessary, then you haven't followed the instructions in the release notes. You probably have an old samba.conf on the LE system you are connecting to.

Both systems are running 8.1.1...the old samba.conf was deleted and redone on both machines when I updated to 8.1.0...and is working fine.I can access both LE instances from a windows 10 PC..

So my setup is Rpi2 with LE connected to TV booting from hdd which is where my media is stored....then I have an HP laptop running LE...which is only running Plex server....this laptop has no media attached but is mounting the hdd connected to the Rpi2...

Now what happened is that when I updated the laptop to 8.1.1 from 8.1.0 the mount failed....I had to go to Libreelec Configuration addon-services and set minimum supported protocol to SMB1 on both machines for the mount to work..

edit...just set the laptop back to minimum supported protocol SMB2 and the mounts are still working...I ll try do the same at the RPi2 end and see what happens

escalade Ok so done the same on the rpi2... back to minimum supported protocol SMB2 from SMB1 and the mounts failed again..

Hi Mario77,

After you have forcing SMB 1 was you able to mount the cifs with the same configuration you have before?

Thanks

I think you r talking about the setting on system-services-smb...that doesn't change anything to mounts...

What made the mounts work again for me is the new SMB setting in the LibreElec program addon...I set minimum to smb1 instead of 2 and they worked with the same configuration...

Yes you can, browsing works if you use zeroconf and not windows network.

Yes zeroconf works for browsing...but the issue is that cifs mounts from the Rpi where still failing on boot...they only work if I enable minimum smb1 in LE settings..Any work around for this?

Openelec uses same system/storage partitions...I will try this....when you are in libreelec Live mode go to file manager in kodi and look for your openelec installation and rename it...In rpi I installed mini tool partition wizard on a windows PC and made a partition ext4 on hdd I boot to named hddstorage instead of storage as I had another storage elsewhere on the sd card then edit the cmdline...which is on the usb LE installation for Rpi....

so now my cmdline.txt looks like this" boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=LABEL=STORAGEHDD quiet"

I would try disconnecting ssd and try again..

Again I don't know for sure if you have the cmdline.txt in the nuc LE version..

Do you have another instance of LE installed on your Nuc in another location?Maybe on internal storage?I got that error on my Rpi when i changed cmdline to boot from Label=storage and I had 2 folders with the name storage so system got confused which storage to boot to...Not sure if this apply to Nuc just trying to help out...

You may think it's silly, but we care about the security of our users: Stop using SMB1 | Storage at Microsoft

I know it's more secure but not everyone knows what these settings are for and how to find them...My main issue is that with default settings you can't see 2 LE machines on same network...1 is a Rpi2 and the other HP laptop...So from the laptop couldnt see the Rpi with default settings and mounts failed with min smb2 setting..I think it's a good idea if smb settings are in just 1 place...thanks for your hard work and help chewitt

Edit:the smb setting on kodi services didn't help...it was the new setting in the LE addon that enabled the network between my machines

This samba thing is getting bit complicated...after updating to 8.1.1 on my LE plex server (old Laptop)couldn't access anymore my media from Plex...the network mounts where all failing on boot...tought what's going on...no ideas so went to factory reset everything..couldn't access my media on network on a RPI server again running LE...couldn't access anything even with forcing SMB 1...

Well to my surprise there is a new setting...this time it's in the LE addon which done the miracle...had to set minimum to smb 1 and max to smb 3 for all mounts to work again...too late now as I had to start from scratch..I think it's a bit silly(sorry ;)) to set minimum to Smb2 and not 1 by deafault as it's causing unnecessary hassle...as with the default setting you can't see another LE Rpi on network acting as media server with folders mounted on another LE Plex server

I started using my RPI3 LE device with a different TV recently (some LG WebOS model), around the same time as the update to 8.1.0, and noticed quickly that after idling for a while LE seemed to disable its HDMI output. The only way to restore it, similar to others I believe in this thread, was either a full reboot or swapping the HDMI cable to a different input port on the TV.

I copied vpeter's build from 9 hours ago into .update, rebooted, and from there on haven't noticed this issue again, despite indeed letting the device idle for 30m-1h a few times.

This entire CEC thing is totally new to me (my parents tend to be years behind technologically, and I myself exclusively use computers for media), so frankly I was surprised to see that the TV remote can (admittedly in a very limited capacity) send commands back across the HDMI cable.

I'll report back if I notice anything strange, or if anyone wants me to give any more info.

Nice to hear some input about vpeter builds...tought it was only me and him still having this issue!