Posts by Mario77

It seems that I could solve my problem by granting write access to the following folders for the whole user group:

• /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher
    • /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch
    • /storage/.kodi/temp

I don't think you have to do that to be honest..I don't remember doing that when I set mine..

If the roms run from retroarch they should run fine from AEL...it does take some time to setup all with artwork and get used to how it all works especially if you just started with emulation..

I just use retroarch for running roms..never scanned any rom folders from retroarch or downloaded artwork......just downloaded cores and changed few settings for audio and video and few other settings and that's it...

I run my roms from AEL or Emulation Station...both sharing same artwork from same folders...been some time now that I set everything and working flawless...when you r done make sure you have a backup cause it's hard work to start again especially if you have 1000's of roms...

herehi bite_your_idols,

Brilliant! Now I can start RetroArch. It's really cool. Thank you very much!!!

Now I have another problem. This time it's Advanced Emulator Launcher. I don't understand how I have to configure this. I read the read me in github but don't know what I have to do exactly. I could configure RetroArch, but don't know which configuration file I have to import in ALE? Can someone explain me what I have to do here?

Thx

It's all here and here and here..

Start by downloading this...these are the AEL assets that you need to setup the launchers..you can download them also from retroarch addon settings..then go to AEL settings → I/O → Import category/launcher configuration... and select the systems you want to import from default path where you saved the assets..You can install all or the ones you are going to use only...then you set AEL to download artwork or use your own and from each launcher menu point to the folder where you have the roms...example from the nes launcher browse to the nes roms folder and scan for roms..

Doesn't sound like the same issue these builds are addressing...If you have the TV set input on Kodi and you restart your C2 does it respond?If it doesn't it's some other issue...My issue and several on this thread is that CEC works fine till Kodi goes to standbye or we change input or we switch the TV off..by changing input to something else and back to Kodi it then works....if it doesn't I don't think it's the same cec bug..

I just installed this as the official one was not working well with my LG TV (simplink), but it remained the same.

Is there something else I should try?

L2

What was your issue with the LG?

This is supposed to solve the issue of loosing Cec after standbye/switching off or changing tv hdmi input to something else and back to LE..

I will start by checking if there are any LG software updates..I had few issues on my Philips that I tought they where LE issues like loosing audio for few seconds but where fixed with a software update..

And what can I do about that? It seems it is my FLIRC USB, which should be an Keyboard.

As I told you before you shouldn't be seeing the cursor in Kodi if you disable mouse and touchscreen support...it will go only from Kodi...Anything outside Kodi will naturally show a cursor...e.x on startup or if you'r using chromium or anything similar

I thought of a better analogy to describe it. At the moment the only way I can get my LE box to play videos in to plug in a USB stick with what I want to watch. What I'm suggesting is a software version of a USB cable from the LE box up to the hard drive of the Windows PC. I don't know if that's possible, but it's just a suggestion to possibly make things easier to keep the network shares working no matter what updates Windows gets.

Not sure what you mean...why don't you try Plex or Emby server

Zeroconf/Bonjour is not a file transfer protocol (like SMB or NFS) but a network services discovery protocol. In other words, it makes the computers see the shares automatically as they are advertised on the network, but it does NOT provide any file transfer capability.

NFS, SMB, AFP, any file transfer protocol will not function properly if the underlying network is misconfigured. @bilzilla, you should describe your setup first (router, IP addresses, if you're running DHCP, if the internal DNS works correctly). I believe your router might handle out IP addresses from DHCP so once they change you are unable to reconnect to an IP address and your internal DNS does not work properly in order to connect to the existing shares using "smb://myfileserver/share" instead of "smb://192.168.0.128/share/" (192.168.0.128 being an example only). Once the DHCP leases expire, your computers may be getting different addresses, thus voiding your share definitions. So please let us know what your actual network setup and settings are.

I know what you mean...Zeroconf/Bonjour is not a file transfer protocol in itself but helps to connect to smb/SFTP network shares when someone is having these mysterious issues/ misconfigured network to enable samba between windows and libreelec...

I wonder how Billzilla 's network is setup..I was trying to follow his other thread and still not sure...I would start with connecting both LEbox and server on same router...Do you have a second router to connect to the box?are you on same subnet as your main router?I would give a static IP to all my connected devices to avoid conflicts first thing before you try again.

Code
    12:48:46.623 T:139767665748096   DEBUG: Initialise - initialised peripheral on 'keyboard' with 1 features and 0 sub devices
    12:48:46.623 T:139767665748096  NOTICE: Register - new keyboard device registered on application->keyboard: Tastatur (0000:0000)
    12:48:46.623 T:139767665748096   DEBUG: Initialise - initialised peripheral on 'mouse' with 1 features and 0 sub devices
    12:48:46.623 T:139767665748096  NOTICE: Register - new mouse device registered on application->mouse: Maus (0000:0000)

Something is registered as a mouse on startup...might be a touch pad on your remote or mini keyboard...doesn't have to be a real mouse..

Well having a look to your logs you have some kind of keyboard/mouse connected to your device...if it's a mouse remote you might need to disable the mouse/airmouse or every time you touch the remote you ll get the cursor...disabling mouse support in libreelec should do that too but not sure what s going on..

I had few issues with audio too but got it working but setting audio device in the retroarch audio settings..first make sure you are using the correct driver for your machine in retroarch settings->Drivers->Audio Drivers.

If it doesn't work you might need to override your audio device from retroarch audio settings...

ssh to your nuc

Code
    aplay -l

Note the card and device number for your audio autput..probably you r using HDMI out for audio so look for that..

Should look something like this

card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Enter that into Settings->Audio->Audio device in the retroarch GUI

like this "hw:0,3" without the "

Should work

Yep, this version is fine. As a temporary fix seems to be ok.

Mine is also giving me that version a3d7660e6749e75e2c4ce4d377846abd3b3be283 and I'm on 8.2.5 but with 8.2.2 firmware...just changed the files millhouse suggested..

Also I m starting to get issues from 8.2.3 but rarely...8.2.4 and 8.2.5 get frequent blackscreens and freezing..Noticed that my pi is also using more memory when idle...on 8.2.2 it'snormally at 30% when not being used...after 8.4 it goes up to 45% when idle..

Need to find some time and provide some logs..