Posts by SN33KY

Hey ilmich,

I understand you completely.

Don't see this to criticism towards you as a person.

I bought this box as a birthday present so that this person could watch series & movies in an easy way that i put on an external HDD for him (€30).

Initial birthday gift was an external HDD with some series on it that she likes to watch. But apparently the current devices they had didn't support playback.

So I bought this box as a solution (extra €30,-), because it is so neat to give a working gift. so the content could be played at her place.

So unfortunately, all that was not so simple, and I am ASAP providing a solution to the problems I experienced with it. So that my birthday present (meanwhile 60 euros) does what it was intended for.

- HDD was not getting enough power via USB on this box. so 265GB USB stick bought (again 30 euro extra) stick bought as possible solution. worked.

- Android interface, speed, ease of use and Remote control was a disaster (not user friendly) of this box. So I tried to put Kodi libreElec on it. But that again took me hours of times and dint work.

So total costs were already €90, without the problems solved. Therefore all additional devices returned to the selling parties and I bought a Dell Optiplex 3060 SFF as the solution. Set up LibreElec there and put the media on the internal HDD. Cost me €120,- Euro. (€again 30 extra)

No hassle, fast, user-friendly and good remote control (which I still had lying around), USB ports work, etc. So all plus points.

Sometimes we just want something that works, without all the hassle. And mostly cheap.... but i learned my lesson here ;)

Well i gave up. and returning the unit.

i bought a Dell optiplex SFF 3060 with a core i5 8400T with 8GB/1TB that is almost the same size as the tv box. And has all the features i need when installing LibreElec on it.

Maybe overkill but i just had it with the irritating tv box that just don't want to work like i want. and the cost for the dell sff where under 200,-

hello Michel,

I think the seller indeed sold me fake hardware. not 4GB but only 1, not 64GB internal memory, but only 8.

i did forget the "erase internal memory" part in my previous attempts.

But now i tried it again with the "Multitool" wit the erasing step first. But same result. Nothing on screen and blue led keeps on (only power and HDMI connected to the box).

Steps i followed:

- Format "multitool.img.xz" to a SD card with rufus.

- Put the file "LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20221122-32b2e05-rk322x.img.gz" in the image file folder on the SD card

- Put the SD card in the tv box SD card reader, and boot the tv box.

- erased the internal memory with the dedicated option like you told

- Installed the image on memory withe "Burn image to flash" option

- Shut down tv box with the menu.

- Remove SD card and booted the tv box.

Hello Michele,

You can find the logfiles here: http://ix.io/4hXz

This MXQ pro 4k 5g tv box has been purchased recently., so it is possible that this is a new model with other kind of storage/eMMC. It has been sold as a 4GB/64GB model and Android 10.

Another ting, the internal Wifi is not working. But currently using a old USB wifi stick that is working.

I hope i can install it on the internal storage in the future, as a SD card sticking out is uneccesary.

Thanks,

Jasper

I dont get it.

I have run it from an SD card and it is working fine on my "MXQ Pro 4k 5g" tv box. but as soon i write it to the eMMC with the Multitool. it aint working.

It gives me a screen (sometimes) it is reseizing the filesystem, but as soon it restarts there is no image annymore. And other times it is not working at all.

i even tryed all images from 9.2 and 9.80. but also with no luck.

What am i'm doing wrong here?

SSH may not be enabled by default in LE. Enable it via the LibreELEC settings addon.

How can i do that when i have no visuals on my screen?

I tried some more things.
    - tried to load a program partition magic to fully erase my SSD. But partition magic doesn't even boot and gives the same image on my TV.
    - Connected the mediacenter to my LCD. Gave the same bad image.
    - Tried to see if the video-ram (DDR3 shared) was the issue and switched ram modules and banks. Butt all with the same bad image.
    - I tried VGA except the HDMI output, but also the same bad image.

So it seems that the internal CPU GPU is defect or that Linux doesn't have proper drivers.

Well back to installing Windows 10 with KODI

Klojum. Thanks for the options to try and i'm wanted to try them out but i have some problems...

- How can i rename a folder when i don't have visuals. Can i remotely make a telnet/SSH connection or something?

16:11:44.914 Connecting to SSH2 server 192.168.1.39:22.
    16:11:45.945 Connecton failed. FlowSocketConnector: Failed to connect to target address. Windows error 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

- same with second option. As installing the Milhouse version need to be done like: (i tried the ip from the pc in windows/ftp but not working \\192.168.1.39\Update\)

You need a working system in order to install a test build. If you are starting from scratch, use an official LibreELEC disk image to create a USB disk installer and with that a working system on your SSD/HHD. Once you have a working system, install the test build by copying the tar file into your Update folder and reboot.

- I have a case where i cannot add a extra graphic card.

After installation you need to reboot, as soon it goes trough the splash-screen from LibreElec i get a strange video out image (see screenshots) and i cannot do anything.
    Any solution for this?

I use a generic x86 (64-bit) build beta.
    Motherboard: A75M-ITX firmware 1.60
    Proc: A4-3400
    GPU: Radeon HD6410D
    4GB DDR3

[hr]
    thing tried so far.
    - Another cable. Didn't work.
    - Bios: Display output: forced to on-board. Didn't work.
    - Bios: Disable HDMI audio. Didn't work.