Posts by yatoya

s905 , 8.0.0c build
    I have a problem with 29.97fps videos.
    If I start a video everything is smooth but after some minutes it becomes juddery ,clunky.
    If I skip back/forward 10s it goes back to normal smooth playing.
    It occurs with 59.97fps videos too. I experienced it in the beta builds too.

This issues isn't present in the 7. builds.

Information from the first post. Section: Known issues:
    "Jerky playback of some 29.97fps videos and some Live TV channels (Amlogic HW decoder bug)"

Sorry complete newb here! I followed the instructions from the 1st page - used LibreELEC USB creator and burned this file: http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012...12i.img.gz
    The did as you said and went to the device tree, downloaded gxl_p212_2g.dtb - I have a QBox which has 2GB of ram, renamed the file on thee USB drive and booted to recovery
    In the recover console it just says 'cannot load volume /misc'
    I tried the other USB slot but had the same issue. I also get the same issue if I dont copy the renamed DTB file over the top of the existing one.
    Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Use Rufus to prepare system. After its done replace dtp file (dtb.img).
    Also, which method are you choosing to boot the USB from recovery?
    I'm using Terminal Emulator app to enter recovery update and everything is ready and set within two minutes. This method will work only if your device is rooted.

I need some help.
    I've installed LibreELEC on a 16 GB UHS-I card.
    The first time everything was butter smooth and very fast but I had some network problems (Kodi did not see my network) so I've decided to make a fresh install. Now the card is working really slow. It took 15 minutes to scan my library. Normally it takes about 3. So I've made third install. Same problem: slow. And I'm still having network problems. Kodi says the connection is OK but I can't play anything. After couple of restarts it works fine.
    Any ideas?
    Card is brand new, no errors. LibreELEC boots quick. It just slows down after system is loaded.

SOLVED
    Significant increase of readbufferfactor and readfactor in advancedsettings.xml fixed it.

It's advancedsettings.xml no advancedsetting.xml and goes in \\IPADDRESS\Userdata

Make sure its called just advancedsettings.xml and Windows hasn't given it a hidden extension such as .txt.

Yep, it was the missing letter 's' in advancedsettings.xml :)
    Thank you for your help! :)

Following is my advancedsettings.xml video section, which works fine to delay the audio by 175ms for 23.976/24fps content.

It's not working at all in my case. Even the splash screen is still visible.
    What is the location of your advancedsetting.xml?

I have succesfully installed LibreElec on the TANIX TX5 PRO and its working great!
    Unfortunately I can't figure out how to apply advancedsettings.xml
    It seems like Kodi does not recognize it.
    The script is in Userdata folder wich is visible on my PC via SMB.
    Script has been working with Android so im sure it has no mistakes:

Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong location? Right now it's \\Libreelec\Userdata\