Posts by dag

It would be nice if there was a LibreELEC package that adds common debugging tools to LibreELEC. Things like:

- nm

- ltrace

- objdump

- readelf

We currently need to investigate a Kodi issue using Google's Widevine CDM library (Playback fails using newer Widevine CDM 4.10.2252.0 on ARM · Issue #437 · emilsvennesson/script.module.inputstreamhelper · GitHub), and LibreELEC doesn't have any of the necessary tools to investigate. The only tool I have to investigate a library is strings and ldd.

Most games on Raspberry Pi fail with a black screen in Kodi v18 because of a bug.

The fix for this was merged for Kodi v19, but missed the cut-off date for the v18.5 release.

Would it be possible to add this fix to the imminent LibreELEC v9.2 release so most games work again on Raspberry Pi ?

More information from:

RetroPlayer: Fix black screen for RGB emulators on some GLES platforms by garbear · Pull Request #16421 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

So there are some needed fixes in the newer inputstream.adaptive release, but LibreELEC (at least on Raspberry Pi) is always behind in inputstream.adaptive releases (currently v2.3.22).

A few months ago it took nearly 6 weeks to see a newer release hit LibreELEC (might have been an update of LibreELEC even).

While on other platforms inputstream.adaptive is being updated to v2.4.2 as soon as it appeared online.

Files...

Can this be fixed so LibreELEC becomes a first class citizen wrt. important playback features?

We discovered that addons using the **requests** library are very slow on Raspberry Pi.

This appears to be related to the fact that importing the requests library takes up 4 seconds.

You can find more information at:

- Importing requests very slow (4 seconds) on Raspberry Pi · Issue #5080 · kennethreitz/requests · GitHub

- Importing requests very slow on Raspberry Pi · Issue #25 · Freso/script.module.requests · GitHub

- Addon is quite slow on Raspberry Pi · Issue #169 · pietje666/plugin.video.vrt.nu · GitHub

Have other people noticed this ?

Unfortunately the Kodi repositories only hosts up to 2 versions of a module, so it is hard to go back to find when this was introduced.

Hi, I have the same issue here. LibreELEC 8.0.1 with retrospect add-on does not work for vrt.nu streams. According the following info the issues is caused by the adoption of LibreSSL instead of OpenSSL (basrieter / XBMC Online TV / issues / #818 - VRT NU not working on Raspberry Pi2 and Amlogic s905 device under Krypton — Bitbucket). Though I also found following link: move back to openssl by lrusak · Pull Request #1312 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub which I hope will become merged soon: LibreELEC moving back to OpenSSL.

In the meanwhile is there no other workaround than recompiling LibreELEC with OpenSSL?

We are in the same boat here. (Together with some family and friends with a similar setup)

We use Retrospect to watch local TV channels over the Internet, and since v8.0.1 some of these no longer work.
    The children can no longer watch their favorite shows ! Urgency is required here ! :)

Hi,

I reported this first at the Retrospect addon website here: basrieter / XBMC Online TV / issues / #822 - Channels VIER and VIJF in Retrospect only give sound on RPi 3 / LibreELEC 7.95.3 — Bitbucket

When I start any stream from 2 different channels in Retrofit (both channels are from the same content provider) the streams only emit audio.

The normal logging shows this:

Code
    19:43:55.816 T:1962536768 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: http://vod.streamcloud.be/vier_vod/mp4:_definst_/demol/2017/volledigeafleveringen/20170206_aflevering1.mp4/chunklist_w187488663_ao.m3u8
    19:43:55.829 T:1962536768 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
    19:43:55.842 T:1555039136 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
    19:43:55.856 T:1555039136 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
    19:43:56.044 T:1555039136 NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
    19:43:56.058 T:1555039136 NOTICE: Creating audio thread
    19:43:56.234 T:1555039136 NOTICE: OMXClock using audio as reference
    19:43:56.335 T:1555039136 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

The debug logging shows this:

[hr]
    Looking at OSMC you can see the following ffmpeg build flags for the RPi2/RPi3 build:

For LibreELEC builds a lot more is explicitly enabled/disabled:

So I am wondering whether we are disabling more support than what is required here ?
    [hr]
    Looking inside of the .m3u8 files from the stream I only identify audio file extensions:

[hr]
    Alright I figured it out :)

Retrospect is downloading the audio-streams only.
    Replacing in the link "ao" with "vo" works fine, and it .m3u8 files do contain video content !