Posts by mikek

I have an issue just after the boot where bogus thermal sensor readings result in one of the CPUs being rebooted. Obviously, there was no heavy load and the CPU was not really hot. The issue was persistent for a few hours. This issue made my other problem (thread-4852.html) with an external USB DAC noise much worse (rebooting one of the CPUs probably adds enough latency to already problematic interrupt handling on this hardware).

I've noticed one of the developers was not considering this an issue: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 However this looks like a performance/latency issue on its own. Is there a plan to incorporate HK's fixes (if they do have them tested)?

Hi.

This is a very real and confirmed problem. There is a discussion on Odroid forum already: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=25434 Maybe, LibreELEC could take a look and incorporate those patches as well?

I can just confirm the same problems (pops and clicks) on Odroid C2 as those described in usb-waveio-xmos-clicks-odroid-t5299-30.html. I am using an external USB audio interface Behringer UMC 202HD.

Changing IRQ63 affinity to another CPU almost solves the issue. I still can hear pops and clicks during 44K/16 FLAC playback if I load the system and/or Kodi UI (by endless scrolling through the songs list, for example). But without the affinity change, it is much worse. Have not tried the OTG yet. The other problem with the affinity fix is that it is not preserved if the CPU reboots (the issue I'll post about separately).

The output is from LibeELEC, but I've had similar problems with an official Odroid C2 Ubuntu image.

The only fix I've found as yet is to use a HDMI splitter and take the spdif out of that to the DAC. Both the C2's USB output or native spdif (using hifi-shield) output have clicks and pops.

As far as I can gather it's an Amlogic kernel bug. When or if it will get fixed is anyone's guess ...

Hi. I've seen a very helpful thread at USB Waveio (xmos) clicks odroid C2 : Bug reports - Page 4 - Volumio
    Basically, I had to set CPU affinity for the second (#1) CPU for the USB IRQ (63) handling as a temporary workaround.

Code
    echo "echo 1 > /proc/irq/63/smp_affinity_list" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh 
    chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh

However, that was not ideal, as there is another issue of some CPUs being rebooted (resetting the affinity setting) because of temperature reading bug.

I am going to post my problems atOdroid C2 LibreELEC forum now. There is already a discussion on Odroid forum started by Volumio maintainer: ODROID Forum • View topic - USB Audio, a real problem? I'll probably create separate posts here for both the USB DAC and the CPU shutdown issues.