Posts by Klojum

A number of folders are available through Samba, which is easy enough via your own File Manager.
    In MacOS enter "smb://ip.address.of.your.libreelec.box"

Access via the LibreELEC backdoor is also possible via SSH.

Installing new skins can be done via the Kodi GUI internally, via a repository or via .zip files.

To see not only stable versions, but all versions including alpha / beta / rc builds etcetera, check the "Show all" option on the right side of the USB-SD Creator tool.

Partitions on a computer storage device usually have a fixed size. LibreELEC uses two partitions: the small readonly system partition which has a fixed size, and the big(ger) storage partition for all data and settings taking up the rest of the total disk space. It doesn't matter how big the storage partition is, here it is all about the [too] small system partition. The 'problem' is that this partition was once designed for a certain size, but over time LibreELEC has outgrown itself so the system partition needs to be bigger. The LibreELEC installer or updater cannot do that in a simple way.

The easiest solution is to do a full backup using the built-in Back/Restore tool in the LibreELEC Settings Addon. Store that backup file on an external drive / location. Do a fresh installation of the latest LibreELEC build, start it up so the auto-resizing of the storage partition is done, and then restore your backup.

Alternatively, if you have the skills, you can do the resizing of the partitions yourself manually with a disk partition tool like Gparted.

The simplest solution is to do a new installation of LibreELEC over the current setup. But... I don't know if you have any data currently on your nettop that needs to be saved first.

Another more complex solution is to use a bootable USB stick/SD card that runs Ubuntu or another Linux Live session. Then the correct system files can be copied manually to LibreELEC's system partition.

The command is correct, as long as the USB device is mounted as /dev/sdb.

Linux does auto-mount external devices as much as possible, but Kodi has no autostart on inserts of removable devices.
    You can also use the built-in File Manager in Kodi for copying/moving files onto the Kodi box. That option does not require any background or SSH logins to start a script.

It's easy when you know, but Kodi does store the -full- network path, including file protocol, for each video and music entry in its databases. Any deviation from those, and those entries will no longer be played/accessible. So whatever device you use for data storage, that device needs a fixed IP. Which is easily done via the router, combining IP addresses and MAC addresses.

I think it's not very likely. I reckon you are probably the single 1 person using CephFS and LibreELEC at the moment (maybe with an error margin, 3 persons). LibreELEC is targeted as a home theatre application, and I haven't heard of (m)any people using CephFS at their homes.

Also, the team needs extra time and effort to implement, test and support a file system that is not availabe to them in their natural habitat. Supporting a file system used so rarely will take up a disproportional amount of effort, which basically means your request is not likely to get any priority, if at all. I suggest you find a different solution to your problem.

While it shouldn't be a problem scraping videos with Kodi 16 (Jarvis), you may want to try its successor Kodi 17 (Krypton). There will go very little development into Jarvis any more, because all our forward focus is on Krypton. Besides, it's not easy judging what went wrong from a log file of 4 lines... (perhaps TheMovieDB had an issue?).

Anyway, try to upgrade to the latest LibreELEC 7.90.008 build, and see if things work out better.