Posts by Klojum

I usually install Ubuntu first, using manual disk partitioning in the Ubuntu installer along the way to already create the necessary two partitions for LibreELEC. Then let the Ubuntu installation run free. Reboot the machine into Ubuntu, then copy the LE installation files to the LE system partition, add the GRUB menu entry for LE with the correct /dev/sdX numbers, update GRUB, and reboot. Et voila!

What you gave was this:

Code
    15:59:12.423 T:4100581600  NOTICE: Running on CoreELEC (official): 8.90.0 (9.0), kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.14.29 aarch64
    15:59:12.424 T:4100581600  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: 3.4.1-Kodi
    15:59:12.424 T:4100581600  NOTICE: Host CPU: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64), 8 cores available

Which is, as already CvH said, not an Intel 86-64 laptop output.

So log in into that laptop, and give us the URL that is returned from the command:
    xrandr | pastebinit

Paste only the URL here in the forum, and not its contents.

We are not accepting banned/illegal repositories in kodi.log files.

Please start with a clean setup of LibreELEC.

Once you've done that, submit a clean kodi.log if your booting still takes forever.

The Nvidia / Suspend is getting more weird here, this is all on my GT1030 machine, where I re-did the suspend routine, twice.

I re-installed LE 8.2.5 with Nvidia 390.42 (to make sure I had the correct 8.2.5 version, there were 3 different test releases of that version), and LE went twice into suspend and came out of it, working okay, both times.

The Milhouse #422 release with Nvidia 390.48: The first suspend routine went fine, and the display came back. Then I did some minimal Kodi GUI browsing, and went into suspend mode for a second time. This 2nd time did not go down well, and suspend did not materialize. The PC stayed on...

I also double-tested Ubuntu 16.04 with Linux kernel 4.13.0.38 and Nvidia 390.48. That combination went into suspend twice flawlessly.

For now, it's safe to say that Nvidia drivers and certain Linux kernels can be a volatile combination. :(

My Khadas VIM is dead. Dont buy it. Wasted huge amount of time trying to work it out.

Just because YOUR Khadas device has suffered some sort of malfunction, doesn't mean ALL Khadas devices are "trash". If that was really the case, many more people would have complained a long time ago already.

So I suggest you keep your calm and stop making wild accusations before you get kicked off this forum.