Posts by Mattx

Hi there!

My advancedsettings.xml entry is ignored, no matter of encoding. It's at /storage/.kodi/userdata. Skin is Estuary.
    No matter what I do - recently added items are 15.

Code
    <advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
    </videolibrary>
    </advancedsettings>

Log only says the following, nothing in "Debug" AFICS:

Should I try to umount the mapped file in /usr/share/kodi/system/advancesettings.xml and edit it and where do these settings come from?
    Thanks very much, Greetings!

And I've got 1 Error and 2 Warnings logged:

ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files

WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"

WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings

As I don't have the slightest clue with linux or what's going on at all....Am I in trouble?

Log-Link:
    jgG3rvhV
    (Expires: March 9, 2017)

Thanx

All on Raspberry Pi2 with LE 7.9x.x as well as 8.0. New install. Compared to prior versions.

1. System "freeze" after few hours of inactivity.
    Not a real freeze, but limited interaction. I can do anything but play media. As soon as I start playing a file, system stops with the sandtimer circle on the screen forever. Only thing "Kore" or other remote still accepts, is reboot system. After that, system does whatever it is supposed to do until a new period of long inactivity.

2. HD access/Spinup/playback.
    Sometimes Kodi patently doesn't play anything on the mounted USB disks. It seems the disks don't spin-up at all. Meanwhile I can access every disk with smb or other devices. I hear them starting and everything works fine. But I have to reboot LE to be able to play any file on the Raspberry directly again.

3. Multichannel pass-through failure.
    I could only simulate it a few times with AAC files, but the pass-through doesn't always work. My amp only gets 2 stereo channels instead of 5.1. There's an easy workaround for this one:
    If i disable and enable passthrough during the playback in the menu, everything is fine at once. Funny thing: all 6 channels are working fine after the process with passthrough enabled and disabled -> the amp get's all channels in the way it should be.

Anybody else with these problems? Thanks for your time and Kind Regards!

RPi2 8.0 and RPi1 7.95bx.
    Don't know if this is related, but I've got AAC 5.1. issues as it seems. Passtrough enabled, my Receiver doesn't get center channel and sub at all. Had this once or twice with the 7.9x betas, too. It only affects AAC, AC3 and DTS multichannel are perfectly fine.
    Installed 8 yesterday and still have to check everything, so no logs and maybe it's a Kodi Krypton thing at all.

Kind Regards, ladies!