Posts by rei0d

Thanks so much!
    I just had to use the version to remove the device (link), insert the ID_VENDOR_ID and ID_MODEL, reboot and it worked again!

Thats what the rules look like for me:

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d57", ATTRS{idProduct}=="ad03", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=="?*", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=""
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d57", ATTRS{idProduct}=="ad03", KERNEL=="js[0-9]*", RUN+="/bin/rm %E{DEVNAME}", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=""

I had a similar problem with a different remote - fixed by sticking a 51-these-are-not-joysticks-rm.rules file (with the correct vendor and product id's for my remote) in the storage/.config/. udev.rules.d folder. Similar to this:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842&page=13

Thanks for your reply, I tried what u linked but I guess I did something wrong.
    I get this from lsub:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1058:1003 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. WD Elements                                   Desktop (WDE1UBK)
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1d57:ad03 Xenta
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bri                                  dge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast                                   Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Where Device 004 (Xenta) is my remote. Then I downloaded the 51 rules file with:

Code
    curl -o /etc/udev/rules.d/51-these-are-not-joysticks.rules \ https://raw.githubusercontent.com/denilsonsa/udev-joystick-blacklist/master/51-these-are-not-joysticks.rules

And added these lines to it:

Code
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d57", ATTRS{idProduct}=="ad03", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=="?*", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d57", ATTRS{idProduct}=="ad03", KERNEL=="js[0-9]*", MODE="0000", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

By the way, where do I know which ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK my device has?

Thanks for your help so far!

If that helps: I get this from: ls -l /dev/input/by-id/

Code
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             9 Feb 17 12:46 usb-FREEWAY_TECHNOLOGY_ad03-if02-event-joystick -> ../event0
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             6 Feb 17 12:46 usb-FREEWAY_TECHNOLOGY_ad03-if02-joystick -> ../js0
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             9 Feb 17 12:46 usb-FREEWAY_TECHNOLOGY_ad03-if03-event-mouse -> ../event1
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             9 Feb 17 12:46 usb-FREEWAY_TECHNOLOGY_ad03-if03-mouse -> ../mouse0

Hello. I'm using a remote control with an USB dongle (this one: Portable TV, Portable Freeview Digital TV, Handheld TV, Bluetooth Speakers, Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth Receiver, Bluetooth DAB Radio, Clock Radio, TV Aerial). I've been using it for quite a while but with the update on Kodi 17 (LibreElec 7.95.3 on Raspberry Pi 2) it stopped working. When I revert the system to the previous version (LibreElec 7.0) it works again. So it seems that the hardware is working but not detected.

However, when I run

It registers the keys (KEY_UP, KEY_RIGHT and so on).
    Does anyone knows why LibreElec does not register the input from my remote?

Important Note: The remote control has a key to imitate a mouse. This key is the only one which is working (I can move the mouse). Maybe LibreElec thinks this device is just a mouse instead of a remote control or a keyboard?