Posts by MrDini

You all are just overcomplicating things and claiming screen share isn't possible at all to LE. This is not true. While there is no out of the box solution, kodi can play a live http stream if you got an URL. Therefore as I said all you have to do is to install ffmpeg or OBS, turn on screen capture and so you gotta make a http server, copy the URL and feed it into the kodi box. Then you can watch your PC screen from your LE box with a tiny bit of delay.

Also, while I haven't tried it yet, such a thing is possible on a phone too using this app for example: Screen Stream over HTTP - Apps on Google Play

You won't have sound this way and it's not designed for HD playback, but it will work. Although I don't get the point of screencast at all. Yatse can stream any local file you got to your TV over http or you can just look for an addon if you wanna watch some streaming service's content on a bigger screen.

I just use a pipe with ffmpeg to create a live stream of my screens and play that on my mediabox. Never understood the hype around these proprietary screen cast solutions... Ffmpeg is universal and anything that supports the format I pick and http playback can just play the streams.

Or alternatively support google's awful closed source product crafting and buy a chromecast.

DLNA doesn't have an officially documented screencast interface AFAIK.

I got it compiled and it works flawlessly. If someone needs the same module as I did, I uploaded it here. Works on Pi2 with the latest 9.2.6 LE if the uname -a output is also similar to (the compile date can differ):

Linux LibreELEC 4.19.127 #1 SMP Sun Oct 25 08:49:28 EDT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

You just need to run the following commands to load it, and the compatible wifi sticks will start working:

modprobe cfg80211

insmod /storage/downloads/88x2bu.ko

(Correct the path if you got it downloaded elsewhere.)

It is also possible to load the module with every restart, just put the lines above to /storage/.config/autostart.sh.

Cheers

Hi,

I use LE on a Raspberry Pi2 that's connected to an LG Smart TV (couldn't dig out the exact model, but in case if it's necessary I can dig it up) and to an external hifi over the analog jack. I sometimes enjoy playing music over the hifi once the TV is on too and I noticed significant delays between the audio from the TV and the hifi. It doesn't always happen however it's a common case.

I have tried many TVs in the past and many jack devices and usually the HDMI audio seems to be delayed compared to the jack output.

I was expecting this to be a common issue however upon some googling I couldn't find anything related. The issue presents still I have been using OE and now with LE 9.2.6 too.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I am a long time very happy user of the formerly OE and now the LE project on my Raspberry Pi2. It works really well. However I am often travelling and my only option then is to connect the media center over wifi to a network. As chewit suggests in many threads I have considered investing to a wifi to ethernet adapter however most take up a significant amount of space and I already have an awful realtek based dongle that just works for me perfectly. Sadly there was no support for the module so I ended up compiling it myself for each new release, but that's fine.

However I came across a few posts from 2019 where chewit stated the external kernel module support will be completely dropped with the release of LE 10. Is that really the case? Why is that step necessary? I believe many users would be disappointed if that would happen. Many dvb and wifi dongles would stop working....

Thanks

Good day,

I recently purchased a TP-Link wifi dongle originally for my PC, therefore I trashed the box and couldn't remember the model name anymore as it was working flawlessly. However I tried to hunt down which dongle it could be (device manager / lsusb doesn't tell the exact model name) some research on tp-link's website showed me that I should have an Archer T3U dongle: Archer T3U | AC1300 Mini Wireless MU-MIMO USB Adapter | TP-Link

Here is a dmesg part when I attach the device:

Code
    [  171.083027] usb 1-1.4: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
    [  171.174857] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=2357, idProduct=012d, bcdDevice= 2.10
    [  171.174888] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    [  171.174905] usb 1-1.4: Product: 802.11ac NIC
    [  171.174921] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: Realtek
    [  171.174936] usb 1-1.4: SerialNumber: 12345

lsusb:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2357:012d TP-Link
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

While here is a verbose lsusb output: http://ix.io/2xsI

What I am experiencing is that the wireless connections are not showing up in the network list like how it happens with my other dongle. The light also doesn't get green on it indicating that there would be any progress. I am still at 9.2.0 LE on the Pi, but I could update to the latest release if that would maybe solve my issue.

Or is the module not compiled? Seemingly it would need the one called rtl88x2bu yet I couldn't find that compiled in by default. So I am asking, if it wouldn't be compiled in, what are my options? I would like to keep the OS as it is on my Pi and not to recompile the whole LE. I saw there is a way to package the module as an addon like how it was done with the dvb. That would be nice. But what happens if I upgrade LE? Do I have to recompile the module always because there is a chance that the magic header will change and the kernel won't accept the module anymore? Or do you keep the same kernel tree always?

Thanks

Hi,

I am a proud owner of an RPi2 with the latest LE 8.90. And I have a custom ftps server that has a self signed ssl key and I don’t want to generate a Let's Encrypt key since I would like to access it with its IP.

Is there a way to add my key? If I just overwrite the cacerts at /run/libreelec, it disappears after a reboot and I guess the SSL keys are loaded into the RAM by Kodi so I cannot use it.

Actually, is it possible to remount the LE FHS in rw mode? Or what can I do?

I am currently cross-compiling the whole Xserver. What Do You think, if I configure it with the .kodi/addons/service.Xorg prefix and create a package, it Can work?

Or I have to modify the kernel also? :huh:

Please check if you have the hungarian keyboard layout enabled. It's already in the code:

See:
    xbmc/hungarian.xml at 8d4a5bba55638dfd0bdc5e7de34f3e5293f99933 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Thanks for Your quick reply! :)

Yes, I have one:

BTW I am using the official 7.0.3 version.

Thanks for Your quick reply!

But I am thinking about an addon, not to include the full Xorg server to the OS itself. :)

BTW why the Xorg server is missing from the RPi LE? To reduce the OS size, or because of the performance loss?

Hi,

My hobby is creating Kodi addons, including binary addons for the ARM devices. And I am thinking about a Chromium addon, or some really cool browser on my RPi2. But it needs an X server, which isn't included in the RPi2's LibreELEC itself. So I am thinking about an X server installer addon... Which Can be used by the Chromium addon and So on...

I have never made X servers, but I hope, I Can compile the packages staticly. But AFAIK the X server needs some kernel options enabled...

What Do You think, Can I create an X server addon, or it is a bad idea?

Many thanks!