Posts by pachulo

It could be that Rasberry Pi 1 is not powerful enough for the Pulse Audio backend.

Therefore revert to an earlier version of Librespot that also provides the ALSA backend on Rasperry Pi 1.

Current Librespot for LibreELEC releases exclusively play via Kodi, because this works out of the box without interfering with Kodi audio. Unfortunately, this requires more computer resources.

Thanks a lot for the info! Maybe instead of running an earlier version of Librespot it's time to upgrade the hardware, even though I don't like to discard things that are not broken...

With LibreELEC 9.2 Librespot only plays with Kodi. To keep earlier experience, remain with earlier versions of LibreELEC.

I'm not really sure I understand that “only plays with Kodi”...does it means that is going to stay this way from now on? Or is there any room for improvement regarding resources consumption? Like this the app is barely usable in old SBCs like the Raspberry1.

But don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what you do! Thanks for all the effort!

Hi! I just updated from LibreELEC 9.0.2 to 9.1.002 ALPHA on my RaspberryPi 1 and Librespot updated with it.

The problem is that now Librespot struggles to play music: what before was always smooth sound now is chops and pauses ...I can also see that now the CPU is almost at ninety-something percent all the time while playing music with Librespot...does anybody experienced this?

Thanks!

P.D.

I've tried to go to the configuration of Librespot and now there's only one option left: "User mode"

Tested it today with an updated system from v7.0.3 to v7.95.2: before it was working OK, but after the update the screen went black about a minute after the Kodi interface came up.

Just commented the:

Code
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac

Line and the problem goes away...I can see nothing strange in dmesg or the Kodi logs either.