Posts by davo22

It seems that opensubtitles.org does not work anymore. The suggestion that I have seen advise to go instead for opensubtitle.com.

Only problem is that the .com addon is working on kodi 19 onwards while slice has still 18.9 :sleeping:.

Any tips on that or another subtitle addon that can replace opensubtitles.org ?

Hello I've a Slice with CM3. It has cooling system so it runs in standby around 37c and under load at ~55c.

My current config is:

Code
    #force_turbo=0
    #force_turbo=1
    arm_freq=1350
    core_freq=500
    over_voltage=4
    # prevent scaling

So max speed is 1350mhz. According to bcmstat (thanks for the tool!) it is a :

Code
       Board: 4 x ARMv7 cores available, ondemand governor (CM3 rev 1.0, BCM2837 SoC with 1GB RAM by Sony UK)

Has anyone tried with higher settings? These that I have I guess are the default ones delivered by the 5ninjas.

I know that libreelec comes with a single user "root" but I would like to know if is possible to create something like a fake user.

I have syncthing running as docker container and on run it specifies the user 10 and the group 10. In the docs it's advised to run syncthing with a non root-user. So the files created from syncthing have the 10:10 as user group. This user does not exist in the /etc/passwd as it's not writable.

In samba.conf there's a possibility to specify the owner of the file created with

force user = 10

force group = 10

This would theoretically create a user with 10:10. But when I try to browse the samba shares I receiver "The specified user does not exist". The problem is that without that settings, samba write a file that is owned by root so syncthing cannot delete/rename it.

Is there a user between root and nobody that I can use instead? Or is is possible to create a new temporary user after boot without the need of changing the /etc/passwd?

Ok I think I got it, I'm on libreElec 8.2.3 so I guess I am getting the 8.2 branch which actually contains the system-tool in version 107. Any chances/plans of implementing also the 108 changes in the 8.2 branch?

I am a bit lost here. When I install "system tools" I got the 107 version. This one does not have encfs.

Is there a way to install the 108? I tries with update addon but stills stays on 107

It seems that the give Ninja forum is gone. I can still see some contents trough the Google cache but I guess won't be forever.

Would be possible to be in touch with the admins if would be possible to have an archive of it in case? I think that there is some important knowledge for the slice users there that should be preserved.

I used tinyproxy in docker container for a while but it seems that the latest update probably broke something...

I created a image with this dockerfile [really basic just for testing purposes]:

Docker
    FROM armhf/alpine:3.5
    MAINTAINER [email protected]

RUN apk update && \
        apk add --update tinyproxy

Then buil the image:

Code
    docker build -t tinyproxy .

and running the container with :

Code
    docker run -it tinyproxy ash

Then when I am inside the container I try:

# tinyproxy -d

and I have the error message coming:
    Bus error

As test I also tried with ubuntu image:

Docker
    FROM armhf/ubuntu:14.04
    MAINTAINER [email protected]

RUN apt-get update && \
        apt-get -y install tinyproxy

and the inside the container [bash this time]

Code
    [b]# tinyproxy -d[/b]
    [b]Segmentation fault[/b]

Currently I am using the docker addon version8.1.114 and docker is

Code
    # docker --version
    Docker version 1.13.1, build 1.13.1

current libreelec version:

Code
    LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.95.3

I tried with different version of Am I missing something here ?