Posts by tweaks

I use the Media Center Intel (IntelD54250WYK) in Harmony software with an TSOP3828 and rc-6 protocol in ir-keytable.

The Media Center Intel has much buttons and with rc-6 you can use long press.

with some other MCE devices I had problems that not all buttons worked

nec protocol has no long press as I know... so I would go with rc-6

for rc-6 I use a keyboard.xml as it simulates the keyboard

I remaped the standard rc6_mce map and added some more buttons for the display menu

I made some notes that I found to make it working:

open command promt (for an empty 98-eventlircd.rules file)

Code
    : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

found in this thread

disable eventlircd

autostart.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    (killall eventlircd)&
    (mount -o rw,remount /flash)&
    exit

I can show you my keymap but attention it is a stupid style ... had a harmony 555 and long time ago configured like that and continued it with my 650 (no desire to change it atm as it works). But you will see the difference from normal rc6_mce.

in rc6_mce the KEYS are for remote

KEY_NUMERIC_0(0x0200)

in my map for keyboard

KEY_0

ah and for par ex KEY_ZENKAKUHANKAKU and others I used normal kodi debug log to identify what kodi uses (<f13> in keyboard.xml)

Hi,

I have tested more VC-1 movies on my PI 4, and I think that if one cpu core is powerful enough to decode the movie (decoder cpu core utilization < 95%), then the playback is smooth (no frame drop), and if one the decoder core utilization is higher than 95% VC-1 playback stutters, there are frame drops.

Csaba

yes the switch to software decoding on PI4 for VC-1 and MPEG-2 uses to much CPU (often ~80%) and as you wrote it stutters if a core is used to high.

would be good if this load could be distributed to the other cores... is this possible?