Posts by damagedspline

4K 4:2:0 with Deep color is not a part of HDMI spec. It should always be 8-bit.

No idea how to force YCbCr 4:4:4. Intel driver knows what's best for you and use RGB.

I calibrated the projector with the Mansel tuning bluray and a Sony bluray player to a specific setting (eg. YCbCR 444, 12bit, 1920p) which cause the least artifacts and provide the best contrast ratio and color coverage. I want to duplicate it to my LE. 1920p is supported, YCbCr444 is supported, Deep Color is supported. But so far couldn't find how to set it in LE. I really want to avoid installing Windows when LE is exactly what I need in term of a Desktop Manager with CEC...

A couple releases since originally asked.

Is there a way to force YCBCr4:4:4/4:2:0 with DeepColor (12bit) on Intel UHD GPU?

There are many threads with similar questions, but couldn't find a tutorial of sort. Maybe a wiki is missing which is dedicated to Intel GPUs and state what is supported and what is not. I dont mind writing it, just missing the howto details...

Edit:

Max bpc is 12 but i get RGB8 on the projector ( tw5650)

I am using le8.2.5 on an intel z8300 streamer connected to a projector. When watching 3d movies, from either local files or youtube, *some* movies feel unpleasing to the eye as there is a stutter on fast moving objects. I was able to lower this stutter by playing with the sync display refresh rates set of options for these movies but it is still noticable. I have verified that it is not a performance issue. Am i missing a configuration here?

Hi,

I have a Tronsmart Ara x5 plus and I am using the latest 8.0 beta. The sound is configured to be output via ALSA IntelHDMI but whenever I want to use my Bluetooth headphones I need to change it to Pulse Audio. That is annoying.
    To overcome this I have changed the default sound output to Pulse Audio and redirected the ALSA to it by manually invoking (ssh) 'pactl load-module...'. This worked flawlessly, but it needs to be reinvoked after each reboot.
    /etc is readonly so I cant change default.pa.
    How can I make it persistent? Shouldn't this be done by a udev rule?