Posts by normalblaster

Pi is not overclocked. Never has been. When the system is frozen I can not even ping it. Don't get any response then. Power supply of the pi's are both the same. Came from the same reseller.

Going to keep an eye on the logs for now to see if I can find something in there. Thanks.

I am in a very similar position. I suspect my SD card is a fake, even though it came from a reputable supplier; I have yet to gather enough evidence to go public on the name of the supplier. I built a new SD card [form a different source] last night and am trying it out at the moment. I will report back.

JT

[hr]
    ...actually, another thing that 4.0 afforded me are those pre-selected muxes, which everything I've read told me to avoid. Doing so created all those muxes w/those elusive frequencies which the tvheadend guys wouldn't tell me. Now I can record OTA channels on Kodi
    So even thought I seem to have got it working, my question still stands about a better alternative to tvheadend, if anyone knows of any.
    [hr]

I am going to have to take back what I said about version 4.2 as I am now experiencing the same instability issues with 4.0. It's hard to "do the science" and find out exactly what the problem is. The system will be stable for a period, maybe an hour, maybe a day, after a reboot but then performance degrades; menus hang for minutes at a time, it can take 5 mins to login via ssh to have a look at the RPi and TV channels just never play - the kodi rotating wait icon appears with the text 'working' and that's all.

My guesses so far are:
    Fake SD card perhaps.
    Something to do with Bluetooth as I use a WII remote as a controller.
    TVheadend's 'guide' information - problem appear to be associated with looking at the EPG.

And I've exhausted my options at the tvheadend forum.
    My hdd died, so I'm having to install everything from scratch, but all the other hardware is the same. For some reason I can't get the system to scan the network(s) for muxes. When I try to use the wizard, the scan progress goes to 100% immediately. When I select to force scan (ATSC-C and ATSC-T) nothing happens.
    I tried creating a single mux and guessed at the frequenc (there are 5 different ones for each channel) for a couple of channels that do broadcast here, but nothing.

I'm running LibreELEC 7.03 on a R.Pi 3. The Tvheadend backend is 4.2. The TV device is Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q but the web interface gives LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend : ATSC

I am also running 7.03 on an R.Pi 3 but have just ditched Tvheadend v4.2 and replaced with v4.0. At the moment I think v4.2 is unstable - regular crashes, unreliable guide information, random channels appearing in client channel lists. My suggestion would be to use V4.0 instead - for the time being [yes, I know it hasn't got the setup wizard].

JT