Posts by muelli

Hello forum,

I wanted to switch from a Pi 3 with LE 9.2.8 to a Pi 4 with 11.0.3. I downloaded the image and restored a backup, that worked.

However I have 2 problems (so far):

1. every time my Pi4 boots up, it wakes up my HDDs which are mounted via SMB. Same as in the Pi3, but there not drives woke up during boot time. Only when selecting accessing the source.

It seems the Pi4 seems to scan the drives/whatever? Can this be deaktivated?

2. Video Calibration does not work. I can execute the menu point and video calibration screen is showing, but I cannot move the triangles. I can press left/right etc and hear key press sounds, but nothing happens.

Any advice on this?

Thanks!

Next things you can try:

1) disable buffering (<buffermode>3</buffermode>)

2) test latest nightly builds (maybe it's already fixed)

3) if 1) and 2) fails, provide a link to a complete log file

Let me clarify what I do, maybe there is a misunderstanding or I am doing something wrong:

From the main screen: VIDEOS->Files->(select datasource+enter)->list of videos is showed and runtimes is being read from local kodi DB and added up

That last step , showing the runtimes of the files, was shown in a fraction of a second on LE 8.2.5

Results as from the steps above:

1) same as before, every single file on the storage will be touched/read as soon as datasource is opened for the files to be displayed.

2) tried latest nightly for RPi4, LE 9.8 , the problem is still there.

3) full debug log of previous tries with LE 9.2.5 can be found here: hastebin

However I created a new debug log for LE 9.8, just in case hastebin

Just booted up, went to videos->files->my datasource (smb://storage/files) and left and entered again, then shut down.

I beg to differ. The result is always the same! Scanning the file library (local database on the raspberry) all over again and adding up the runtimes. This was done in a fraction of a second on LE 8.2.5 but can be seen (times adding up rapidly, then media tags appearing after that). I cannot see how that would change with adding buffers for files/drives.

The mentioned advancedsettings.xml setting does seem to only have effect to stream buffering and does not influence any kodi DB reading at all....

Thanks for the tip, however the final problem remains.

But something is different.

I have my disks set to sleep. With this setting kodi starts scanning the files and incrementing runtimes, without waking up my disks. half way through the scaning process, my disks wake up.

Without that setting the disks are woken up as soon as the scan starts.

Plus, the watchdog seems to restart kodi during the scan, because waking the disks up in the middle of rescan seems to trigger a timeout as nothing happens during disk spin up....

Hello everybody,

I have a slight problem after upgrading from LE 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6) to 9.2.5 (Kodi 18.8) on my Pi 4.

Already having asked that in the Kodi forum, they could not find the source of this error and asked me to post it here, it might have sth to do with LE.

Original posting over in the Kodi forum:

----

After migrating from Kodi 17.6 (Libreelec 8.2.5) to Kodi 18.8 (Libreelec 9.2.5) I have aproblem with Kodi always re-scanning all the media files after entry into a datasource.

Clarification:

Storage is mounted via SMB smb://storage/files, there are around 1000 files stored there.

Datasource for said SMB share is created.

On entry into that datasource, kodi 18.8 starts scanning the files and increments the total runtime of all videos and as well updates the media flags(HD or SD) for every file.

This is done every time I enter that datasource and takes around 45s.

This was not the case with Kodi 17.6, upon re-entering that datasource, the runtime as well as the media flags/tags (HD or SD) were already present and are not updated/re-scanned.

Settings have not been changed by me after upgrade.----

Complete kodi debugging logs from system bootup until entering that datasource a few times can be found here:

hastebin

Would be great if somebody knew what is going on, because this keeps me from using 9.2.5 and I am still stuck with 8.2.5.

Thanks for any help.

Hello forum,

I have a strange problem I cannot solve. Since upgrade to LE9 with Kodi 18, it seems no more HD/SD media flags are shown on screen.

In LE8, when playing a file and after finish/stop, there appeared a small flag/tag next to the "check" mark, indicating if it is SD or HD. Those no longer appear.

Am I missing a config option that has to be activated?

Thanks for any hints!

LE can play media from archives ISO/RAR/Zip etc, and this is what is trying to do - without success!.

[From Kodi Wiki] On the Pi this is now optional (enabled by default), enable or disable with: Settings -> Appearance -> File lists -> Support browsing into archives.

Possible you had set this on your RPi2 and didn't on the RPi3.

Funny thing is, I do not come near that archive file. I select my mp4 file to play and it still wants to open that rar archive.

Hello forum,

I have huge problems with playing certain files (mp4, flv, mkv, etc), that I have on my drive for some time now.
    Must say in advance, I migrated from RPi2 to the RPi3 and from OE7 to LE8.

I was using OE5 on the RPi2 for a looong time, and all the files in question played very well.
    I then migrated to OE7, but did not play the old files since then. Then another migration to the RPi3.
    Now on the RPi3 I wanted to play some of these old files again and discovered, they where not working anymore. Kodi just showed "Some files did not play blah blah". I thought, well, OE7 seems quite dead, lets go to LE8!

But, alas, same problem.
    I enabled logging and took a look at it and what I found was quite interesting.
    In the same folder where I have some of these old files, there was a leftover RAR file File80.part04.rar, from some time ago.
    It seems when trying to play some videos, Kodi wants to open the part rar file (for what reason I do not know) and when this failes, the video player dies.
    Seems to be some kind of bug hitting OE as well as LE.

Logfiles are here:
    kodi - Pastebin.com

Any ideas on why this might happen?

edit: When I delete/move the rar file(s) the problem is gone and the files play!

Hello forum,

at this point in time I am quite certain, that there is a lirc problem in the current image (LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.010.img.gz) of LibreElec for the odroid C2.
    Using irrecord like this "irrecord --device /dev/lirc0" to write a new lircd.conf file, results in errors continously.
    It is the strange "Something went wrong: Cannot decode data" error for every remote around in my home.
    It does not matter if I try to use raw decode using the -f parameter.

Under Ubuntu 16.04 minimal (official Hardkernel image) everything works fine, and even if I copy the ubuntu lircd.conf file to my libreelec installation, it seems to work so far.
    This is of course a pain in the butt, if you want to add or remap keys :/

Any idea on how to fix this weird problem?

thanks!

edit: I have to correct myself, some buttons seem not to be working.
    Despite "irw" showing them as correctly

example
    2 0 KEY_I devinput
    32 0 KEY_I_UP devinput

I cannot use the key to remap them into kodi. The Keymap addon and kodi do not detect the keypress.
    KEY_I is should by default bring up the info screen to a video.

I noticed a difference in the use of irrecord on ubuntu. As long as I press the key in ubuntu, more and more dots appear. In LibreElec no matter how long I press, only one dot appears.